Monday, October 29, 2007

3am is death to me

I told you all that on her way here, Kelsey was so opposed to getting to the airport early in the morning that she decided to arrive there the night before and sleep at the airport. When asked why she did this, Kelsey responded: "3am is death to me."

Well her return flight wasn't much better. 6:00am out of Pensacola (1:15 minutes from here). This meant we needed to leave by 4am my time (3am Kelsey's time ... aka the "death to her" hour.) We opted out of her going the night before. For one thing, as a hostess, this totally goes against good hosting skills. Secondly, this is a small airport, and we weren't even sure it would be open overnight.

It was so wonderful to have Kelsey here with me. Kelsey is not my real twin, but we often joke that she is like a kid/twin sister to me. (If that's possible.) I very rarely meet women who look like me, or who, specifically, are as tall as me. But here is Kelsey. The first friend I have ever had that I can share pants with! It's awesome! It especially came in handy when her suitcase failed to make the trip to Nigeria. Tara was a bit out of luck but Kelsey could wear all my clothes.

Kelsey and I worked together back in Rochester, lived in the same building, and then spent six weeks in Africa together. I so enjoyed getting to catch up with Kelsey over the course of the last few days. What's even better is that John is as good of friends with her as I am so the three of us just have a great time. Joia joked it looked like Kelsey and JB were on a date -- as much as they conversate about things I can't possibly keep up with, you'd think they were! I was also glad she got to meet most of my friends here. "Kelseycakes" is currently getting her master's degree in Colorado and loving her new home.

Thanks for good food, good conversation, and good catching up Kelsey. I hope to see you soon. Oh, and of course, she has been added to my current visitor blog. Up next: Hans and Rachel! I can't wait!!!

Visitors so far

No comments: