Saturday, October 27, 2007

No photos yet ...

Okay, okay, okay. I'll try to get some photos soon. I actually brought my camera today but didn't have my memory card in it so I couldn't take photos.

As I write this, JB and Kelsey are in the kitchen. John is cooking lunch, and he and Kelsey are (no surprise here!) having some big religious discussion on the differences between Catholicism (Kelsey) and Protestantism (JB). I have long given up on:

(a) stopping them from discussing
(b) contributing to the conversation
(c) even being in the room while they talk.

It's way too deep for me, and I've learned that they both enjoy this "discussing" and are not mad at each other. So, let 'em go at it.

Kelsey found a 5:30 mass last night in Niceville so we dropped her off and took Scrubs to the dogpark. We then picked her up and also picked up Dairy Queen (which we ate after finishing off the Thai that JB had made the night before). Kelsey and JB were excited to watch the movie Eragon since they had both read the book. Apparently, the movie wasn't very good. I, wouldn't know, as I fell asleep on the couch only a few minutes into the movie. I guess I didn't think it was very good either.

This morning we got up early and headed to the boat rentals on base. Only, there was a small craft advisory and no boats were allowed to launch! I called Joia and Jodi to tell them our plans for the day were ruined, and instead, the three of us headed to Destin. We took Kelsey to Seaside (where The Trumann Show was filmed), Destin Commons, and the beach. It actually turned out that it was okay we couldn't go out on the boat. The water on Crab Island looked really cruddy! Apparently there is some "Red Tide" thing going on and a lot of the fish are dying. We went over to the Air Force Beach. It looked gorgeous!!! I was so happy to get to show Kelsey "my" beach. It would have stunk if it looked so yucky and that was all she saw.

We stopped and picked up some food, and JB is cooking now. We are going to have a nice lunch, and then JB and I are going to go to the dogpark with Scrubs while Kelsey works on her paper. Tonight, we'll head out to Jodi's to hang out.

Okay, that's a lot of info. Hope I didn't bore you all too much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your post reminded me of the good old days in Towers #202! David and I wish we were there with you guys! Maybe it's not too late to catch the next flight out... :)

TAV said...

no more posting allowed w/o photos :(

Anonymous said...

Dairy Q after Thai food? Next time finish it off with
Thai-style coconut ice cream and some chocolate bars, yumm!