Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Power goes out ... again

We've know been on Eglin Air Force Base for over four months, and there have been at least six occasions that I can remember that we have lost power for over an hour. Usually it is 3-4 hours at at time.

Today, the day before the day the grant is due, the power goes out again! It started flickering, and I started panicking and begging God to let the power stay on. Paaallleeeese not today! The flickering finally stopped with the power in the negative position. Ugh. Two hours later and after a nap on the couch, it finally came back on. Both my boss and myself were panicking during that two hour period. I had already come up with a Plan B. My great friend Joia was going to let me come over to her house with my laptop if it still wasn't on by the time JB came home with the car. Thankfully, it finally fluttered back on.

Tomorrow at this time I will be partying!! Tomorrow at this time the grant will be done.

Oh, and on a side note. Is someone going to claim the poetry on the comments. Here was the latest poem:

Ode To My Owners
Dear Wendi and JB
Can’t you see?
I have this long, painful stich
That hurts a little, but, boy does it itch!!
But I have to wear this stupid collar
That makes me want to whine and holler!!!
So please, no humiliating videos, I beg.
Please, just let me see my leg.
You think work and grants make you stressed?
Just take one look at the way I’m dressed!
When can we remove these socks
And return to the days when we ran for blocks?
All I can say is that I FEEL “PEUTERED”!!!
(Sorry, but what else would rhyme with “neutered”?)

5 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

good luck finishing that grant up, wendi! hope you have a GREAT day tomorrow relaxing! funny poem...someone is very creative and has a little too much time on their hands, i think!

Anonymous said...

When I read the poem for some reason the first person that popped into my head was Hans...then my second thought is Gabbi. Let us know if you find out who it is.

Anonymous said...

I was going to also write that it is only one more day. One more day and you will be through. You can make it and then go to Dairy Queen for that well deserved Blizzard with extra chocolate sauce.

Anonymous said...

don't you think it has to be your dad Wen?
i think i'm recognizing his style.

Anonymous said...

Nope, wasn't me...I'm not that good! Hehe...