Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week well underway

Well it's now Tuesday, and we are officially in the normal grind of the week. After getting up at "the hour of death" to take Kelsey to the airport yesterday, I actually went to bed at 7pm. I planned on watching Prison Break, but when I realized it wasn't on due to the World Series (which had actually ended the night before), I opted for bed instead.

Life is currently about waiting here. I am waiting . . .
  • For my dentist appointment next week. I am still having pain where I got a crown. Now the pain is compounded by hot/cold sensitivity. So I picked up some military dental insurance only to find out the dentist I had found here wasn't on their list. So I had to find a new dentist which I bummed about. It's hard enough to find a dentist you like when you move and now I have to find one, twice.
  • For Hans and Rachel to come and visit. I'm SO EXCITED TO SEE THEM!
  • To hear back from China about whether they will let us proceed with both adoptions at once.
  • To send our paperwork to the Immigration office. No use spending $800 if it won't be accepted.
  • For May to come! (I know birthmom feels the same way!)
  • For our cruise in January. Did I tell you all that we booked a cruise? We are so excited. It is during the first week of January to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras I think. A week long cruise! Our great friend Jodi has agreed to come and stay at our house that week with Scrubs. Her husband Cliff is on nights so it might be nice for him to be closer to the hospital anyways. I can't wait for this cruise.

Also, November is adoption awareness month. I plan to do a variety of things on my blog during this month. I really want to encourage you who are reading this that adoption isn't only for the infertile! There are so many kids who need to be adopted. If that bugs you, it's probably because you know I am right and are afraid the Lord may call you to be one of the people who adopts these children! So stay tuned for my gentle prodding. If you know that you could never adopt, then I really want to encourage you to help someone who wants to. JB and I are blessed with the finances for adoption. Imagine a couple just like us who doesn't have the money to adopt! Anyways, more to come on that. I could go on all day.

2 comments:

TAV said...

No, you didn't mention the cruise! How awesome! I wish I could come with you :)

Rachel and Hans said...

FUN! a cruise! that sounds amazing. my college roomie and her husband are going on a cruise in january to belize and such. maybe it's the same one!

sorry about your tooth troubles. hope you get it cleared up.