Thursday, October 25, 2007

Good and bad news

The good news first. Kelsey is here!!!! I am so excited to see her and have her visit. I am now doing a few hours of work while she recovers from her very early morning flight. In fact, her flight was so early, she took the bus to the airport the night before and just slept at the airport to wait for her plane. Leave it Kelsey!

The bad news? Our little lovebird, Twain"ette" died last night due to an unfortunate encounter with our dog. It was not Scrubs fault. JB was cleaning out the cage, the bird took off, and Scrubs tried to play with it. He did not bite the bird, but his strength must have broken his neck. It is just a bird so we weren't crying (much) or anything, but we were both very sad that this occurred. It was a simple mistake and wasn't the dog's fault, but we are now birdless at our home. We'll probably stay that way for awhile. Oh well. Twaine was a wonderful family bird but not good with other lovebirds (both his previous mates ended up dead). So she was lonely I think. JB and I felt really lousy about this. I pounced on Scrubs the moment I heard the bird squawk, but it was too late.

Anyways, the good news! Kelsey is here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelsey!!! Bye Twaine :(

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Twaine. =0( Keenan will miss him when we come visit...

Welcome Kelsey! Can't wait to meet you tomorrow! =)

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear about little Twaine. :(
I'm sure that Scrubs didn't realize how strong his little mouth was...

AW said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Twainette. :-( Poor little Scrubs. Do doggys have guilt?

TAV said...

I pick Kelsey over Twain. MISS YOU, Kelsey-cakes, and Wendicles :) Photos pronto, por favor. <3 tara