Sunday, October 07, 2007

Leave it to Beaver rocks!

John is on call today. I've been doing a bunch of work on this grant for Mayo and have been kept company by Leave it to Beaver and a teething puppy. I don't know how long it has been since I have watched Leave it to Beaver but this show is great!

Scrubs on the other hand is bleeding on everything and losing teeth everywhere! He has found comfort in chewing on his tail which has made for quite a mess of a tail. I'm trying an Internet suggestion -- cold washcloths. This seems to be helping him leave his tail behind. Poor puppy. I also don't want to break it to him, but this on the whole, will be a bad week for him. Friday he's getting fixed. Poor guy.

I'm not a big fan of call days, but I do always seem to get a lot of work done. I am also watching Heather's labs this weekend so I walk over there a few times a day to give them some loving and feed them.

Last night JB and I watched The Illusionist. What an amazing movie! I really suggest this one. I don't think any of you will get to the end and regret seeing. Anyone else see this movie? Very fun!

Well, nothing much else to report. Me, the Beave, and Scrubs will keep each other company until JB gets home tomorrow morning. I may go meet JB for dinner but otherwise, I am on my own.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Wendi, I was browsing through profiles of those with an interest in scrapbooking and writing...and came across you in both.

My husband and I also lived in the Twin Cities of Minnesota for around 8 years while attending Bible college and as newlyweds. We've been thawing out in Southern California for the past 9 years or so...but amazingly miss Minnesota (except for the mosquitoes). Spring was always such a welcome event there, lol.

Enjoyed your blog. You have a very fresh, optimistic take on things. What kinds of things do you write?

Congratulations on your forthcoming adoption. Loved that t-shirt and onesie.

My toddler son was just reading a 101 Dalmations book (the non-animated movie) this morning, and oohs and aahs over all those puppies. They do look so chipper and fun. Cute name for your dog, too, by the way.

TAV said...

Wen- I KNEW John (thought you, too) would LOVE that movie... I think I saw it on a plane one time and thought of you guys... it's on the online movie "favorites" categories, which I was browing the other day and that's funny you just saw it! Also saw two dalmation doggies out at the park today and thought of you and your funnily-named dog ( :)). Hope his mouth (and tail) get better... Miss you!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Hi Becky! Welcome to the warmer Polar North. I do freelance writing for a magazine or two but mostly I do writing for newsletters, manuscripts, brochures, grants, websites, and PowerPoint. I work for the RLS Foundation as their Director of Publications and Mayo Clinic as an Editorial Assistant. I do love writing for fun but don't do much of it anymore.

I'm glad you like the name of my pup. Read it and weep TA-RUH!

Welcome Becky! I hope you stick around. :) We are one big happy family here.

AW said...

LOVED The Illusionist! Fabulous movie - the ending was awesome, but I'd already started to wonder...