Sunday, March 21, 2021

Women's Retreat at Longview Ranch


We first "met" Longview Ranch during our first few months on the farm. A youth group from Michigan was staying there and came to the farm to help us do work. In June of last year, we were given an incredible gift when our family was gifted (by the camp!) a weekend away at their very properly socially-distanced family camp. I happen to know the President of the Board very well, her daughter was one of our first babysitters and has one of our puppies ... the connections are numerous.

This weekend, they hosted a women's retreat. I saw them advertise it a few weeks ago and thought: I need that. Aside from COVID, I usually did a pretty decent job getting a day away from the farm and my kiddos every 4-6 weeks. I find it is so important to remember who I am as a woman and refocus myself as God's child. 

But since COVID, that's been nearly impossible. Until this past weekend. So when I saw it advertised, I invited my friend Jessica, who had never been to something like this. She and I and our other friend, Kelley roomed together with another lady we got to know on the weekend, and I simply had a wonderful time remembering the God I serve and who I am as his child. I needed it sooo much.

Now, we are making BIG plans for our West coast trip! Grand Canyon ... here we come!
 

No comments: