Monday, March 15, 2021

A beautiful day!

 


This post goes out to
Brooks Gray
and
Betsy Horst
.... a few weeks ago I wrote this post about my frustrations with laundry.
My friend Nicole's husband, Brooks Gray,
(father of 5) wrote the following:
"We had the same problem. I felt horrible for Nichole because she’d be doing laundry when I left the house in the morning and putting more laundry in as we were getting ready for bed. She was doing it all day almost every day. Our solution - buy a huge washer and dryer! I’ll never forget the first day. We had two hampers overflowing with a mound on the floor and washed it all in about 3.5 loads."
And then John's Aunt Betsy replied to that:
If this is so...that your washer and dryer are not the biggest you can get.....then you need to regroup. That is a bit nutty on a working farm in my humble old lady opinion. ..silly kids washing clean clothes or not. Golly....do everybody a favor and beef up the appliances. It's a false economy . Time is a valuable resource....
And then
John Kitsteiner
came home and read his Aunt's comment and said: "I am buying you a 'we got through COVID' celebration present."
And his cheap Dutch wife said: "I have a machine that works. I don't need a new one."
And he said, yes you do. And he bought this. And it was delivered today.
And I kept telling the delivery men how they are changing the world, one housewife at a time


No comments: