Monday, March 08, 2021

Wendi pulls a lamb

Well this morning, while placing two of our baby lambs into a paddock with the "big" sheep, I noticed that our favorite sheep, Snowball, was in labor. Here was a video I took of her:

  

In six years on the farm, I've probably now witnessed about a dozen births. I'm far from a professional. However, I felt like I've seen them enough to know that something didn't feel right about this one. This baby seemed really large. Normally, once the head and front hooves come out in a "dive position", the baby will be delivered within moments. But this baby was staying there for a long time.

Once I turned off the camera I thought, prayed, talked to Jacob, tried to call John, and then decided to pull the lamb. Here's the video:

And it's only 10:45am on Monday! Here's to another week!



No comments: