Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday Funnies

While discussing what they had learned in Awanas, I asked the boys what types of things God had created. "Mosquitoes!" Sidge replied.
*****
Sidge: "I fell of a chair in Turkey."
Me: "I remember that."
Sidge: "Yeah and I hurt my head."
Me: "Yeah you got a bump on it."
Isaac: "No, he got a weeble on it."
Me: "A weeble? What does that mean?"
Isaac: "I have no idea."
*****
Isaac does NOT like to go places in the house without Sidge with him. But somehow, he can make it seem like it was all his idea.
Isaac: "C'mon Sidge, let's go downstairs. I'll go with you." (Translation: I want to play downstairs but am afraid to go. Will you go with me Sidge?)
Sidge: "Thanks." (Translation: Of course I will.)
*****
I love to hear my kids talk about their dreams. As Isaac woke up one morning, he came out and said, "While I was sleeping, there were people at the park and they were eating ice cream."
*****
While carrying two glass vases filled with water and flowers up the stairs, Sidge was insistent on helping.
Me: "Well this is something mommies really need to do. But you could help me decide where we should put them in Joni's room."
Sidge: "Okay. That's good. I'll be the 'sider."
*****
I put on a pair of earings.
Sidge: "You look beautiful with those earings on."
Me: "Thanks Sidge."
Sidge: "You look so beautiful."
Me: "Thanks Sidge. That's really sweet."
Sidge: "Yeah, and without those earings on, you really didn't look beautiful at all."
*****
Two expressions that the boys have picked up from their Daddy:
  • "If the baby wants milk, let's get 'er a cow!" They will also say, "If the baby wants milk, let's get 'er a horse" which is even funnier to me. Other variations include: banana and popsicle.
  • "Put it in your pipe and smoke it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The one about your earrings is the best funny so far. I have laughed over and over again about it. Thanks. Rinette