Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Is that heaven?

I love this photo. JB and I bought it in Turkey to "represent" and "remember" our life there. It is now hanging above our bed.
 
I am sure I am not alone in saying I love the innocence of children. Isaac suddenly "noticed" the picture hanging above our bed the other day and said, "Mommy, is that a picture of heaven?" It made me think on so many levels. As an American, prior to moving to Turkey, I would have never pictured heaven in a Middle Eastern "style" despite the fact that this is exactly where Jesus and his ministry began and would have looked like. I wonder: is it the gold color that made Isaac think this was heaven? It really made me wonder what heaven does look like. And I wonder what heaven looks like in the minds of my children.

1 comment:

Patty PB said...

Wow...this made me tear up...
You see...it's the love. That's what I think he took from this place...what it reminds him of, and I think what we should all be thankful for.
Living here for us has been so frustrating at times, that I think we have sometimes forgotten how blessed we were to 'end-up' here...to meet the people we met, to have our family together, to see the places we saw, to taste the food, the colors, the people...to have our first baby (and forever 'little prince') here, to love, and be loved by so many in this 'crappy-old-falling-apart' house where my son will learn to talk, and walk, and live.
I think I need to take a page from Isaac's book, anf focus on that; those wonderful memories and experiences that remind us of 'Heaven': LOVE.
I had forgotten. Thank you Isaac, for reminding me...