Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Germany cancelled -- again

My military flight hop over to Germany was cancelled ... again. This time, however, there is no new flight scheduled to replace the one I am not on.

So I'll have to cancel my appointment at Landstuhl on Thursday. And, I'll have to figure out another way to get to Germany before mid-November (when this whole IVF-thing will be getting under way.) These rotators only run every 2-3 months so there won't be another one in time. I am so bummed to not be able to see Shane and Linda, and Veronica's older sister English, and my friend Sarah Green. I am also bummed to have to now pay for a flight to get to Germany and figure out a time to do it. But I am not the only who is bummed. There are most likely people stuck in Germany waiting to get here. These things have a domino effect, and I am sure many people are feeling the frustrations on this one.

I don't do well with abrupt changes in plans, but I am handling this well. For now, I'm staying on the island, waiting for Joni's arrival this weekend. I'm also going to be unpacking our suitcase!

In other news ... Jump on over to my friend Joia's blog to congraulate her on completing her first ever triathalon. I am so excited for her. (And I have a feeling this won't be her last one -- they are addicting!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That really stinks. Sorry.