Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Funnies

While driving home one night after AWANAs, JB had to get and open the gate using the button the garden wall.
John: "The battery on my electric opener is dead."
Sidge: "It died?"
Me: "Well, it isn't really dead. I mean, it will come back to life. It's like it is sleeping."
Sidge: "So was it really tired?"
*****
Isaac was playing with an old cell phone that we had turned into a toy. Joni said to him, "I don't think it works anymore, Isaac." Isaac looked up at her and nearly rolled his eyes as he said, "Joni, I'm just pretending."
*****
Sidge can talk very fast and look in a thousand other directions when he is trying to talk to you. Since he is already hard to understand, this can cause problems when he is desperately trying to communicate something "important." Aunt Connie has been trying to slow him down. She'll say, "Okay look at me. Keep talking while you are looking at me. Slow down." Tonight she added, "Hold my eyes," to her request. Sidge actually put his hands on her face and tried to hold her eyes.
*****
As I imagine is often the case in a home with two boys about the same age, the use of the word penis has seemed to become very popular. We've had to tell the boys all of the things they can and cannot do and say in regards to their male body part ... In the bathtub tonight, Sidge was putting a car under his penis -- making a sort of bridge. Isaac stopped him by saying, "Sidge, we are not supposed to talk about our penises!"
*****
Sidge: "Mommy, how old are you?"
Me: "I'm thirty-five."
Sidge: "Oh. Joni is twenty-one."
*****
As a little sister of two big brothers, Abigail has started to observe her brothers, repeatedly, lifting up their shirts to go potty -- either in the bathroom or in the backyard. The other day, after watching her brothers both go potty in the backyard, she started yanking at her shirt, trying to pull it up. Joni thought she wanted it off so she obliged and took it off for her. Abigail then immediately went up to the flowers where her brothers were just standing and leaned her belly forward, obviously attempting to copy their performance.
*****
Joni has attempted to set her hair while here, despite the rainy weather. Whenever Joni is ready to take her rollers out, she has always said (for as long as I can remember), "I need to go take my hair out." Of course, what she means is, "I need to take my rollers out." You should have seen my take-everything-literally-little-boys react when they heard Joni say that. They both spun around and then quickly followed her to the bathroom, obviously thinking We've got to see this!
*****
"Awwwwn, nuts!" has become a very popular phrase in our household recently. We are allowing it, but remind the kids that there are often better ways to reply. For example, Sidge was told to share something with his sister.
Sidge: "Awwwwn, nuts!"
Me: "Oh, that's too bad. If you would have said 'yes ma'am' instead of 'awwww nuts!' I would have given you a penny for your piggy bank. But now you don't get one."
Sidge: "Could I have one more chance?"
Me: "Not this time. I'm sorry."
Sidge: "Awwww, nuts!"
*****
We've realized that Abigail is going to make more and more of a debut on the blog. She's starting to get her own humor and personality. When we sent Sidge to timeout the other day, she went with him. When he was done, she stepped in, faced the wall, and then looked back to see if anyone was watching.



No comments: