Monday, July 14, 2008

Telling Andrea

My friend Kendra, the awesome photographer, took these photos of me telling Andrea I was pregnant at Madison and Josyln's birthday party about three weeks ago. I wish I would have videotaped this conversation as Andrea is one of the sweetest, most animated people you will ever meet which made it so much fun! However, hopefully, I can retell the story in photos.

When Andrea got to the park, our friend Adrienne asked her how many weeks pregnant she was. Andrea rubbed her belly and said, "I'm 16 weeks." I was standing behind her when she said this and chimed in, "I'm eight!" I hadn't been sure how I was going to break the news, but this worked out perfectly.

Andrea turned around and gave me a quite disgusted look. A look that said, Wendi, you should not joke about stuff like this. It really isn't funny. Both Andrea and Joia have been extra sensitive with their pregnancies and their announcements because of our infertility and you could tell that Andrea was completely perplexed that I would turn around and be so callous about the subject in return.


After my joke, Andrea pulled me away from the group. Here she is saying to me, "Wendi, this is not something to joke about. If you are joking, it's the meanest thing you could ever do to me."

Here is Andrea once Wendi finally convinces her that in fact, this is not a joke. It is actuality. It is truth. The only other person I know who would jump around this much is my cousin Sarah! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! These are great! I love it! Time to laugh at someone ELSE for a change! =)

The Rays said...

Hey...I was driving but if I had not been in the car I would have been jumping around. I'm a jumper, Wendi. I really am.

Ebby Ray

Amy T. S. said...

Neat! Makes me want to cry. Aren't you having so much fun? Soon you'll really feel better and have even more fun.

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

AWESOME. AREN'T YOU GLAD WE HAVE KENDRA AROUND FOR MOMENTS LIKE THESE...AND MANY OTHER REASONS? SHE IS SUCH A BLESSING TO ALL ISN'T SHE? :)