Saturday, July 12, 2008

The verdict is in

. . . so it is my personal opinion that while good, the new Thin Mint Dairy Queen Blizzards aren't my favorite type of blizzard. I'd still favor Oreo or french silk over Thin Mint.

Item of note: they are not made with mint ice cream. Doesn't it look like this on the commercials? You get vanilla or chocolate ice cream with some mint flavoring. It doesn't look nearly as green in the store as it does on TV.

But, Joia and I still had a good time and ate good ice cream . . . just not the best ice cream in my opinion. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Wendi. It's not a bad blizzard (is there such a thing as a bad blizzard) but I still LOVE oreos and peanut buttter sauce in my blizzard.

The Rays said...

Strawberry-cheese-quake here. It is the only that I will order.

Ebby Ray

Iturblog said...

When I had one it seemed like they just crumpled two cookies and put it on top of the ice cream-the cookies weren't blended in with the ice cream at all. After the first few bites, it was just mint flavored ice cream. It was still good tho', just not the best. I agree there isn't such a thing as a "bad" blizzard!

Anonymous said...

My favorite DQ treat? chocolate ice cream dipped in chocolate. Mmmmm...

Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Dad tried it last night and agrees w/ you Wendi. I stuck w/ my Georgia mud fudge!

Aimee said...

I also tried it last night on a whim. Funny that you should blog about it as I was planning to myself!
I agree, it wasn't that great.
OREO still rules the day in my personal opinion.