Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back from our walk

It is 7:21pm, and Isaac, Scrubs, and I just got back from our evening walk. Isaac fell asleep halfway through, right on cue. Scrubs did fantastic guarding Isaac during the whole walk. And I got some good exercise. Isaac is in his swing right now, smiling away at me, while Scrubs recovers in his favorite place after being in the heat: the tile floor next to the refrigerator.

I've spoken with JB many times during his time away. He is having a wonderful time. I'm not sure you can get more perfect than to mix medicine and nature for that guy. I think we also have realized that we made the right decision by me not coming with. He is able to go to the meetings each day with no regrets or hurries to return back and is therefore truly able to enjoy and appreciate the experience. I'm glad for him. As much as I miss him, I know he is getting to do something he truly enjoys. I, personally, think sitting through all-day lectures would be incredibly and horribly boring. But JB is in his element, asking lots of questions and meeting lots of people I am sure.

Bri and Joan are preparing to leave very early tomorrow morning. We are all extremely excited to get to see each other again. I think there is a bit of nervousness all the way around as this will be the first time we have been together since we left Ft. Lauderdale when Isaac was just three days old. But I know the visit will be fantastic and the nerves will be gone as soon as we can all hug again. Bri and Joan are family to me, and I know they will so enjoy getting to see how much little Isaac has grown up and gotten fatter. We can all count his chins together!

You'll have to wait until I get the photos I know Joan will take while she is here as JB took our camera to Colorado. I hope that you all can hold out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read you're doing well and that John is having a good time. Give Joan and Bri a hug from me and tell her to take lots of pictures! I know you will have a wonderful visit:)
love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the numerous chins comment.....as my sister has said to me many times this year.....keep your double chins up, Joan. Good advice!!!

Bri said...

yup my mom says the chin thing to me all the time, esp. when i was pregnant with Isaac. Haha

Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures I requested? I left a message on your answering machine! Get with it sister.

TAV said...

holding out, but just barely.... :)