Friday, July 25, 2008

Photos from today (Thanks Brittney!)

Brittney sent me some photos from our afternoon at Shelly's. Here are a few snapshots.


Issac with our Pastor, Shannon, and his wife, Shelly's daughter, Abby



Brittney was able to get Isaac to fall asleep! She's got the touch!


Look at those chins!

Folks, I think it is now pretty official. At least for now. Isaac sleeps through the night! Down between 8-9 pm and up between 6:30am and 8:30am. Not too shabby. It has been nearly a week since he failed to sleep through the night and even that was a 4:30 wake up. I am so amazingly blessed by his sleep habits, especially because I only have a number of months before I raise a newborn again. How weird is that? I'm now officially into the second trimester.

Dr. Goodemote was right. Second trimester is the time to get everything done. I feel so much less tired and sick. I took a few hours last night to clean out a few cabinets in the kitchen and in our hall closet. Things have really slid a bit during the last few months but now, it's time to catch up! I hope that by the time JB gets back I'll have accomplished all the organizing that's been nagging me for awhile. I also took a load of stuff to Goodwill this week! Good riddens!


Our first night without JB went a-ok. Isaac went down without any problem and Scrubs and I followed shortly thereafter. It was actually Scrubs, not Isaac, that decided that 7:30am was as good a time as any to wake up. So up we got.

I waited until 7pm before venturing out with pup and dog for a walk last night. Normally JB stays with Isaac since the poor kid is such a hot-box. But 7pm worked well for him. He sat up in his stroller for about half the trip before I checked on him and he was sound asleep, his head flopping forward. So I laid him back and we finished the walk. He didn't seem to be bothered by the heat at all.

Scrubs walks fantastic with the stroller. He seems to understand that he needs to walk alongside Isaac and keep an eye on him. If he sees another dog, he loses focus for a few moments in the hopes that I will let him say hi, but otherwise, he keeps the mission in mind. Scrubs always looks confused when passing dogs bark at him. He looks at them as if to say, "What's all the commotion about! Just say hi and hush up." Isaac and I feel the same way.

This morning we went swimming at our Pastor's house (thus the pictures). His wife opens up their pool on Fridays for wives and kids to come and hang out and swim. How cool is that? Isaac, unfortunately, doesn't think being outside is cool at all. The moment I take him into the air conditioning, his demeanor completely changes. Geeesh -- was this kid destined for a Polar North life or what?!

I spoke with JB today. He is thoroughly enjoying the Conference. Amy asked what Wilderness Medicine is. Here is a quick definition:

Today, wilderness or expedition medicine is practiced in outdoor education, search and rescue, mountain rescue, remote area operations including research, exploration, and offshore oil platforms, as well as tactical environments. In the United States, where mountain and other wilderness rescue on land is usually done by volunteers, there is no equivalent diploma. However, there are many wilderness medicine conferences at which medical professionals can earn continuing education credits, and some medical schools (for example, at the University of New Mexico) have begun offering electives in wilderness medicine. Training in wilderness medicine is specialized, involving advanced practices and protocols due to the distance from hospitals and physicians. Common US certifications include Wilderness First Aid, Wilderness First Responder, and Wilderness EMT.

Anyways, that's all I have to report right now except for that I am having trouble with my printer/scanner and have been working with tech support most of the afternoon. Where is my hubby when I need him!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

for isaac's sake, you really should be considering a move back to rochester. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking somewhere around Chicago. Rochester is a little to cold for Isaac. :).
Aunt Linda

Amy T. S. said...

Cool - thanks!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

cute chins!!!!!!!!!!!