Monday, March 03, 2008

Good news abounds

So much good news to report!
  • The biggest news? We received our paperwork back from Immigration! We are now ready to submit our Dossier to China. Still a lot of little steps needed to get that done, but we have moved forward yet another inch. Every time we get a bit closer and I receive approval that, yes, in fact, I did things correctly, I get more excited. I cannot wait until the Dossier is in China and all we have to do is wait. This paper pregnancy stuff is exhausting! (Please don't post a comment that a real pregnancy is exhausting too. I know that. That's why I wrote that comment. It was meant to be parallel.)
  • It's my Dad's birthday today. Actually I never know if he celebrates it on the 3rd or the 4th. Apparently there has been a debate since he was born since his mom says he was born on a day different than what is on the birth certificate. Go figure. Happy birthday Dad.
  • Baby XY's due date is now in single digits! Thanks for pointing that out Rachel. Single digits. Woah.
  • Our renters in Minnesota are planning to stay at least another year! This means we will save a bunch of money in having the place open a month and renovating for new renters. When they moved in, they had indicated it might only be one year so we were very excited to hear this. Yay for them!
  • My brother-in-law Matt is home from Iraq!!!! He is not home for good, but is at least home for a bit of a break (two weeks I think.) We are so blessed he gets to be home even though we won't have a chance to see him during the break. He should be home permanently sometime this summer.
  • We bought tickets last night for Hans and Rachel's wedding. We are flying in to Minneapolis on Friday evening. JB is flying back to Florida on Sunday as he is on a non-leave-eligible rotation. I'm going to return the following Wednesday. We got pretty good fares for these!
  • I bought a ticket to Chicago for August. My cousin Sarah is planning a shower for me and Baby XY. I got a GREAT deal that I couldn't pass up -- $210!!! I am flying in on Friday and flying back on Tuesday morning. It will be so wonderful to see all our family in Illinois and Indiana. Only bad news is -- no more exit rows for me with a baby in tow.
  • I am feeling a bit better. Still slightly under-the-weather, but muuuucccchhhh better than during our trip to North Carolina. Being sick is stinky, but it really makes you appreciate feeling better.
  • We have flags up in our backyard indicating that our fence building project is making steps forward. I think we just have one more person that has to come by to tell us where we can't dig holes before JB can start to put the fence up -- a must before our little guy gets here. I can't be taking the dog out on a leash to go "potty" with a baby inside. We need a yard!
Well, there's my good news. Anyone else want to share some?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart idea to "pre-flag" your pregnancy comment, because you knew some dork was going to jump all over that, didn't you! =) (That would have been annoying for the rest of us, not just you)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Joia, I agree -- beat them to the punch!

AW said...

Wen, I have to say...I have a feeling paperwork pregnancy is probably harder than a physical pregnancy. And not just because of the time involved, which is usually MUCH longer with an international adoption. I've been involved in stages of both and the paperwork pregnancy is so reliant on approval from others, it's maddening. With a physical pregnancy, there is no relying on other people.

So if there is anyone's pregnancy I'm going to toast, it's going to be those with a paperwork pregnancy.

*clink*

This is reason to celebrate my friend! ;-)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thanks Funky! You are a fair judge!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good news???I got to hug my daughter a bunch of times over the weekend. I got to look at her beautiful face and listen to her quirky laugh and laugh at her sarcastic remarks. That's good news for a mom that doesn't get to see her daughter very often.

Rachel and Hans said...

i like posts full of good news! i'm LOVING the single digits and that you bought plane tix to MN! :-)

you are making hans and i feel very loved by coming to our wedding! thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Oom Ed and I are in the first home we've ever owned since getting married -yep we are 51 -and 53 --hope never dies! :)
After a scare this weekend thinking we had a leaking roof as water dripped from one of our kitchen cabinets as it was melting snow everywhere in Chicago (in the 50's) -we discoverd i had put (1/2 hour earlier) a bottle of vinegar (i was SURE WAS UNUSED AND UNOPENED) in sideways in that cabinet (way up high above the fridge where you can't see!)...we nearly had a heart attack! and were so relieved to smell vinegar! Oom Ed was already up in the crawl space/ceiling checking out roof leaks.! I know John is groaning -poor Oom Ed and yes, I'm feeling very blonde today! :)Tante Jan

Gabbs said...

I have good news. I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico.

But really, my good news is that my favorite "natural" blonde sister-in-law will be here in July for my brother-in-law's weddding! ;)

Right????

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Awwww Gabs. You are so sweet!!!!! Can't wait to see you soon. Actually, you'll see me in April, May (most likely), and then July again. You'll be sick of me!!!