Monday, March 10, 2008

Scrubs and JB put up the bookshelves

This weekend, while I attempted to rest and recover from whatever this little bug is that has me down, JB and Scrubs decided to put bookshelves up in his office. This was due in part to a graduation present from his parents!

Scrubs has come a long way. When he was a puppy there was no way we would attempt to have boxes and screws and paper and plastic out while he was around. But you can see from the photos that a good long romp at the dog park (which is why he looks so grey in these pictures) and continual reminders to "leave it" meant that John could actually work with Scrubs in the room.

You'll also notice how close Scrubs gets, though, without actually "touching" the item he is supposed to "leave". At one point we found him in the corner, lying there, with his face nuzzled up to the drill but without actually "touching it". Is he a two-year-old or what?!



And below, is the finished product. We aren't completely done organizing, but I think it looks pretty good, don't you? JB is so happy to get his books out where he can see them instead of jammed into a closet. Believe it or not though folks, this is not nearly all of his books. We still have about 5 or 6 shelves scattered in other rooms of the house.


Another pre-baby-project done. John also got the fence all laid out and ready to start digging. Hopefully, that will be up in the next few weeks so that Scrubs can go out and play without having to be on a leash. Yipeee!!!

As for me, I am still just not feeling so hot. I think I either got another cold after our trip to North Carolina, or I thought I was better, and so the jogs I went for post-trip were a big mistake and didn't let me recover. In addition, I am not very good at lying around. At all. If you know me, you know I am a continual "putterer". Every commercial I get up to pick up something or organize something or do something around the house. So resting doesn't come easily to me -- another reason my recovery is probably a bit slowed. Oh well. I'll be better soon.

I am, despite my cold, going to drive tomorrow to get this paperwork done. One step closer to complete dossier!

4 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

you are going to drive to jacksonville again?? did i miss this already being mentioned?

LOVE the bookshelves, by the way! great job, JB!!

TAV said...

nice bookshelf!!! did you find the harry potter book we couldn't?? :)

Gabbs said...

Rachel- Wendi's driving to Tallahassee.

Rachel and Hans said...

oh...i swear her blog said jacksonville, but i must have been really tired when i read that! :-)