Saturday, March 01, 2008

Beautiful Biltmore

Blogging from the road is problematic ever since I lost my camera chord in Nigeria. We took a bunch of photos while at the Biltmore Estate today, but photos will have to wait until we return to Base sometime tomorrow evening.

The day was wonderful despite the fact that William, Tiffany, and I are pretty stinkin' sick. It's a pretty yucky head cold and cough. Sneezing, runny nose, coughing ... just exhausting. In addition, Matt is post-illness, and JB wasn't feeling fantastic. I nearly opted out of going at all when I woke up this morning. I felt really, really lousy. But JB thought I'd regret it if I didn't go, and he was right. Biltmore, the largest home in America, was really something. When I get back, and I have all my photos, I'll document the trip better. The only thing I can compare it to is Versailles in Europe. As pretty as it was in the winter, I can't imagine it in the spring or summer! A tour of the house and gardens, lunch at a beautiful restaurant, a trip to the petting zoo, and ice cream to top it all off! It was a great day despite being worn down from a cold. Matt and Tiffany were wonderful travel companions as well, and William was a trooper, especially considering he didn't feel well.

I'll make sure to post tomorrow with lots of pictures! "See" you all then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for those pictures!! I love looking at houses, and this one sounds amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are soon feeling better! I saw an ad on tv for the new release of 101 Dalamations and I thought of you. You might want it for May Baby's "video library"!
Also, talk of Biltmore reminds me of something a bit closer to your home that you might enjoy seeing. In Mobile, Alabama is a home and garden that is beautiful. It's called Bellingrath Gardens and it is probably about a 2 hour drive from Eglin. I think you and JB would really enjoy it - especially at this time of year when the azaleas are blooming - the grounds at Bellingrath are ablaze with color! Hope you have a safe trip home and that you all feel better real soon!