Saturday, March 15, 2008

Kids and showers

Last night, William came and hung out with us for a little while. Tiffany had a MOPS meeting, and Matt didn't get done with his ER rotation until later in the evening so we got to spend a couple hours with "the William." I really enjoy this little guy. He has such a sweet disposition, never really cries, and actually seems excited to come to our house despite the fact that I know it can't be as fun as his house with all his cool toys. He walked right in and immediately got started on my drawer of VHS tapes and a few new books and toys I have put out. Mom leaving didn't phase him a bit! It's also nice because Scrubs (or as William calls him -- "Gog") can be out with the him the whole time now as they have both matured quite a bit. William LOVED letting Scrubs chase the flashlight up and down the hallway, and loved chasing it himself as well. Scrubs seems to tolerate the extra participant in his game and simply weaves around William. They get along great which makes my night a lot easier. The only conflict comes down to the fact that all William wants to play with is Scrubs' toys and all Scrubs wants to play with is ... you guessed it, William's toys. I try to jump back and forth between "leave it" and "no" as quickly as possible, and they both listened pretty well.

This morning, we went to McDonalds for a Zach S.'s 4th birthday party. Zach was quite a hoot. Forget the playland, ice cream, cake, happy meals, and new toys. All he wanted were the two balloons Ms. Brittney brought him! I'm so dissapointed that Zach's parents -- Tristan and Shannon -- are just finishing residency instead of beginning it with us. They are wonderful friends!

After the birthday party we headed to Target to fix our registry. We are quite bummed that Target has discontinued our nursery set! Ugh. Circo's Jungle theme is no more! We therefore re-registered for the new "Safari" theme which is equally as cute and "unisex" so as to work for both our son and someday daughter. I wish we had a Baby's-R-Us around here as I would gladly register there too, but we'll make due.

We also stopped and picked up some cement. It's official -- the fence has been started! Five poles are in the ground, and Scrubs is getting closer and closer to making our house just as cool as Jodi's to play at!

I'm still recovering from this cold which just knocked me out so Scrubs and I spent the hours that JB was in the yard taking a great nap. When I got up, I ran to the grocery store for a few stapes to get us through the next week. Is Saturday at 6pm the time that the commissary is not overrun with retired veterans?! Did I finally find the goldmine? We'll try it next week before comfirming this fact.

Tomorrow is our first shower. I can't wait -- especially because it's a "family shower" that JB gets to partake in. It should be a great time! (We'll miss you Joia and Jodi.)

2 comments:

TAV said...

happy shower! i wish i could be there!

Anonymous said...

kids big and small, young and old love to be with you and John so i was not surprised about the William...i love animals with kids!
jan