Monday, March 31, 2008

First day as a sort-of-stay-at-home-wife-soon-to-be-mom

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

That may be a bit dramatic. But the freedom I am feeling is truly beyond words.

I have been, for so long now, looking forward to the month of April when I would get a few weeks before little XY joined our lives to do all the things I have been wanting to do since we moved here nearly a year ago. Folks, the month of April is here!

All right so technically the month of April starts tomorrow, but for all intents and purposes, when it comes down to it, April is here now!

I finally filed the box of bills in the "to file" drawer. I organized the closets in the guest room. I got a box ready for the yard sale I am hoping the wifia will hold sometime this summer. I did laundry. I did the dishes.

In between, I jumped on my computer and did some work for RLSF. But I didn't have to be in front of my computer all day long. I could do other things. It felt Grrrreeaaattt!

I have been looking forward, since the day we were married way back in the olden days of 1998, to the day that I got to be a stay-at-home wife. Instead of JB and I splitting duties because we were both working full-time, I could be the stay-at-home wife. (Although if JB had his way, he'd gladly swap roles and be a stay-at-home husband. He thinks that would be an awesome job!) Anyways, as of today, I am a stay-at-home-wife. In a month, that'll be a stay-at-home-mom.

I will still be working part-time, but it will be so great to have some more freedom to take breaks, hang out with XY, walk the dog, clean the house, chill with friends.

So happy . . . I'm so happy . . .

7 comments:

AW said...

I'm so glad Wendi...enjoy every moment of peace you have now. Your house is about to get very noisy. And I know you'll love it just as much as I do.

:-)

Rachel and Hans said...

i love that you are so happy! plus, i had to laugh b/c (i think we've discussed this before), but hans would totally be a stay-at-home-dad, too! too bad i'm mean and would never let him do it! :-)

Amy T. S. said...

Oh, gosh, I can't wait to hear more about this new life as it unfolds! Have a party! (Can I come?)

Anonymous said...

You're still way ahead of me! I want to be like you when I grow up! :) Keep me posted, I need to make sure I want to leave my kids at school and have my own at home!

Anonymous said...

Strong work, Wendi!

Rachel and Hans said...

I'm going to be a stay-at-home-dad. We will discuss strategy Wendi.

Hans

TAV said...

I WANT TO STAY AT HOME! Geez, I'm so behind on the blog-reading. Glad everything is going well!
Miss you. hugs, t