Friday, March 14, 2008

ANOTHER bump in the road!

I feel like crying.

Let me ask all you a question. What do you think the following statement means?

An authentication takes about 3-business days to process – please plan accordingly. Include a cover letter with contact name, daytime telephone number, the name and country where the document will be used, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to return documents. Documents submitted without a return envelope and postage will be return regular delivery by the United State Postal Service to the person submitting the documents.

Do you think this means you also need to include $10?! Do you see $10 written anywhere?!?!?!

I called North Carolina today to see how John's birth certificate was doing and why we hadn't gotten it back yet. They informed me that it has been sent back UNauthenticated because I didn't include $10! I went on the website and sure enough there is a section on fees but it is written in a DIFFERENT section way down the page from this.

I read this section THREE TIMES and even printed it out on my printer and included it with my mailing to make sure I didn't have to include a fee.

I know it's just a bump. No big deal. Get the document back and resend it. But it'll slow things down by another week and all in all, is just frustrating. I very politely told the woman she might want to have them edit the website because it was confusing. I know a week is no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but just when I thought we were getting close, we get backed up again. I'm also frustrated with myself because I could have done JB's birth certificate months ago and just put it off thinking I'd have plenty of time. Now, that's the only thing I am waiting on.

Thanks for listening . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! I would never have known to send $10 either. Much sympathy sent your way this morning - Boo for unclear instructions. :)

AW said...

Uggs. Obviously those web designers have not gone through this process and realize a week in a 24 month process is a major league frustration. I'm so sorry! :-(

Anonymous said...

doggone!!!!!!!!!
Tante Jan