Friday, December 21, 2007

No more "sleeps"

It was my goddaughter Jessie, I believe, who counted days by "sleeps." She was too little to understand days so she'd look forward to exciting events by how many more times she had to "sleep" before the event came to pass.

No more sleeps til we head to Fort Lauderdale.

Apparently there are two extra interns on JB's internal medicine service. He stayed very late last night and took an extra admit. In addition, each person on the team is taking one extra half day "leave" during the holiday, and they allowed JB"s to falll on Friday so we could leave early. Unless, as his senior says, "The roof falls in..." we hope to be out of here by 1pm today and in Fort Lauderdale before Saturday begins.

We are renting a mid-size SUV to handle all the gifts we are bringing as well as our puppy and his kennel. I'll leave his kennel down there being as I'll be returning with Scrubs mid-January for a two week visit while JB does nights.

As always, it is wonderful to get to see all of our family in south Florida. The only people we will not see are Matt. He is still in Iraq. We also won't see his new wife Danielle as she is spending Christmas with some friends up north. Other than that, everyone will get to be there. It will also be our first Christmas with my new sister-in-law as a "real" part of the family. Last year at this time, they were days away from their wedding.

Pray Scrubs behaves and that we have safe, non-traffic-ridden driving. You probably won't hear from me until I am thoroughly rested tomorrow. JB has been doing 14-hour days so I also hope he'll be able to get some rest in the car.

See you in Fort Lauderdale!

P.S. I have added a new feature to the side of my blog. If you would like to receive an email notice when my blog is updated, you can put your email in this little box. Your choice but now a new "feature."

P.S.S. Our baby "countdown" has had to move to the top of the blog due to his advancement in distance. You were starting not to be able to see the stork anymore when it was on the right side of the blog. Every day now, is one day closer until we see baby XY. Oh, and Funky Monkey, who says she thinks she knows the name ... you'll have to email or post a comment with your guess. Anyone else have a guess? Of course, I won't tell you if you are right, but it would still be fun.

No comments: