Thursday, December 13, 2007

All I really want for Christmas . . . is a family

All right, this is a warning. If the Lord has even been slightly tugging at your heart about adoption, you probably don't want to watch this video. The words of this song are written from the prospective of an orphan, and they will, inevitibly capture your heart. It is by Steven Curtis Chapman -- himself the father of his own children and then three daughters from China. Thank you to the anonymous visitor who shared this with me yesterday.

However, I have just really felt the Lord tugging at our heart . . . beyond the two adoptions we are already planning, JB and I are especially intrigued by sibling groups. There are currently 1600 children in the state of Florida waiting for a "forever family." A lot of these are considered "unadoptables" due to physical or mental handicap, age, or the fact that they want to be placed with numerous brothers and sisters. We really think we would love to adopt a sibling group but will watch and see where the Lord leads.

Here is another video that an anonymous visitor yesterday told me about. You know, yesterday I wrote that this was from an amateur "stranger." I'm really not sure why I wrote that as I am not exactly sure what it means. I think I meant to say that the video is not done by the singer, and I also do not know who did the video. This is another video that was just on youtube -- it's a great video of adopted families and also captures the song. I hope you enjoy, and if you are even considering adoption, that you keep considering.



No comments: