Saturday, December 15, 2007

Happy days all around

Today is my cousin Sarah's birthday (pictured with me below a few Thanksgivings ago.) Well actually Sarah is my cousin Josh's wife, but I just call her my cousin. They lived across the street from us for two years in Kentucky. Those were some great times! This was a rough Thanksgiving for me as we had just another failed infertility attempt which is probably why I look like I had been crying (because I had!)




It is also my buddy Kristi's youngest daughter's birthday. Here is Raylee (she's the caterpillar) on her big sister Logan's (the butterfly) lap. Happy birthday Raylee!


I also wanted to take a quick opportunity to update you on another very exciting event. I have some friends from back in Minnesota, who, in order to protect their privacy right now, I am going to leave nameless. My blog shows up in search engines, and I wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardize their big event.



While we were friends in Minnesota, our friendship has reblossomed since we have moved to Florida . . . with their decision to adopt. I have been emailing with K. for sometime now as they have been on the waiting list for a child. Well they got word this week that there is a baby for them!



I have been attempting a bit of a fundraiser for them as there are a lot of expenses with this little boy that they weren't planning on. He is out-of-state for one thing which requires airline tickets and extra paperwork. While they know that this little boy is their's, this has added some stress to their lives. If you are looking for someone to give an end-of-the-year gift to or just someone that you want to bless, I would ask that you consider a small monetary gift for this delightful couple! Honestly, if it was $5, it would bless them! They are such awesome, wonderful people.


Thank you for considering helping this couple and happy birthday Sarah and Raylee!

No comments: