Thursday, December 13, 2007

Chinese Adoption video

There's a new song by "Third Day" entiled "Merry Christmas." The guitarist in the band adopted a daughter from China and the song sings about his wait to bring her home. I found the song on youtube from an amateur "stranger." So here it is -- enjoy!


MERRY CHRISTMAS -- THIRD DAY
There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn
Crying for momma's arms
At an orphanage just outside a little China town
There the forgotten are
But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine
It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas
As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights
I'm warmed by the fire's glow
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,
Make angels in the snow
But half a world away you try your best to fight the tears
And hope that heaven's angels come to carry you here
It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas
Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child
and we celebrate his perfect gift of love
He came to earth to give his lifeand prepare a place for us so we could have a home with him above
It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful song and a beautiful video! Are the people in the video actually the guy from Third Day and his wife, or did someone else do the pictures for the song?

Anonymous said...

I came across a song on the radio the other day entitled "All I really Want" by Steven Curtis Chapman about a little boy wanting to be adopted into a family for Christmas. It's a beautiful song and I thought of your family when I first heard it. I haven't tried looking for it yet though, sorry :(

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yes, someone else made the video to the song. I couldn't find/don't know if there is, a video.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful and powerful song and video!!
Cheryl