Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Today's the day

Hard to believe, but today's the day.

I actually think this will be a little anti-climactic. Once this procedure is over, then, we sit around and wait for two weeks. Not much excitement there.

The most nervous part of the whole thing for me right now is talking to the embryologist and finding out how our two sticky babies are doing. Most likely he will tell us one of three things:

  1. The two sticky babies survived the thaw and are ready to go.
  2. One of the sticky babies died, but there was time to thaw the remaining sticky baby so we still have two.
  3. One of the sticky babies died, and there was not time to thaw the remaining sticky baby so we are going to just transfer one.

I have listed those in my order of preference. We of course, are praying he comes in and tells us #1. I suppose there is a chance that none of the embryos survived. However, I doubt we'd be going in this morning if that was the case.

Last night, JB took me to dinner at Jasper's, a delightful parisian style cafe downtown. After dinner, we walked around downtown and just talked. I told him about the old man who got on the elevator with me that afternoon. "Beautiful day," he had said. After I agreed, he whispered, "Bet you are going to go home to your children."

Ouch.

JB told me about the medical student in Florida who asked him how in the world you "could survive being married eight years without children?!"

Ouch.

When JB told him "infertility", the guy looked like he might barf.

We laughed, and I cried. It was one of those memories that you know you will always have -- walking around the beautiful Rochester downtown the evening before one of the biggest days of your life.

Neither of us slept very well last night. Two different times we found we were both awake in the middle of the night, most likely thinking about the same things.

Okay, it's 7:15. Time to go. Check in on us later. We'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, thanks for all the cards, emails, gifts, and flowers! Wanted to share two helpful scriptures I received via email:

* * * * * * * * * *

Dear Wendi and John, Just wanted to let you know you're in our thoughts and prayers!

Psalm 231 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Blessings,
David and Lesley

* * * * * * * * * *

And from my Grama (via Aunt Linda),

Zachariah 9:12 Return to the Stronghold, ye prisoners of hope. Even today Ideclare that I will restore double to you.

I love that word "double" there!

No comments: