Friday, September 15, 2006

Today ... I wait. Tomorrow ... I wait

Waiting.

I guess this is why they call it the two week wait.

Because you wait. And then wait. And then wait some more.

By the way, I am still waiting.

Some lucky people are done waiting. I received some good news. An online friend who has been a great encouragement to me, found out yesterday that her second try with IVF worked. She is pregnant! Her first attempt had been negative and without any frozen embryos, this cycle required another fresh harvest. They transferred four sticky babies. Not only did it work, but her numbers were very high indicating that she probably has more than one sticky baby stickin' away. You go girl!

I have been feeling pretty good aside from two things: the first are my moods. I cry a few times a day. Warning: if you see me, don't ask me how I am doing emotionally because I will start crying. This coming from a girl who, prior to infertility treatments, cried less than a few times a year! What has happened to me? Oh, well they have forced my body to ovulate and forced my body into early menopause, and then forced my body into pregnancy. Every time I tell JB I don't know why I am crying he says, "Hmmmm .... could it be that you are on a thousand hormones and possibly pregnant?"

I just stomp my foot and walk out. No! That is NOT Jay-Bee!

JB is very helpful. If a TV commercial comes on that he knows will set me off, he quickly changes the channel before I start to cry. (Even something as basic as a detergent commercial could cause me to cry.) (This is not a joke.)

If I am browsing online he asks, "Will this website be helpful?" If it is something on IVF stats ... it is probably not helpful.

And he has attempted, despite the heavy studying he has had to do, to listen to me when I do feel the need to talk about things that there are currently no answer for.

The second slight issue is my back. I am taking these shots in my back. Yesterday, I had a really rough day with my back, however, I feel blessed that I woke up this morning feeling much better. My best guess is that the stupid way I have been walking in order to prevent my sore lower back from hurting (are you following here?) had caused me to basically pull my back out. Yesterday morning, it got so bad, I had to email Dave and Lesley and request the loan of their jeep to drive three blocks to RLSF since JB had taken our car to take his Boards. I couldn't bend more than forty-five degrees. How pitiful is that?! (Pitiful refers to the inability to bend and the need to drive three blocks.)

Some of you have asked when we find out. My only answer is next week. We find out sometime next week. Which day? Ummm ... (this is Wendi stalling because she doesn't want to answer). Basically, we aren't telling. Just like last time, whichever way this ends up going, we want to deal with it privately first, and then invite the public to share with us. I'm sure you understand. Those of you smart people out there, who even figured out last IVF that I was lying about the day we got our results (Gabbi! Kelsey!) probably know what day we find out. That's okay. My only request is that you pray and wait for us to give the news.

Next week I am going to be having some guest-bloggers to help pass the time while we are digesting our life privately and also while we head to Chicago. Tuesday my cousin Justin will be entertaining you. Wednesday, my buddy Tara will be entertaining you. Thursday, my cousin Josh will be making a return visit. So far, no one has agreed to follow-up Josh. In fact, both Justin and Tara said they would only go if they were able to blog prior to the almighty Joshie Poo. Any takers? We need some other guest-bloggers. Anyone? Lesley, Tara suggested you. You up for it? How about you Mom? (Oh man, if I know my mom, she just started feeling sick to her stomach.)

We are heading to Chicago for another test for JB on Thursday next week. He is taking his Clinical Skills exam in downtown Chicago on Friday. We plan to get a hotel in downtown Chicago on Thursday evening, and then I will spend Friday with family while he takes his test. John's brother Matt is actually flying into Chicago on Sunday (this all gets very complicated). He and JB are going to go camping with Ronaldo Ray from the next Monday through Thursday, so Matt will make the drive back to Rochester with us. What a guy! I will then return to my blog on Sunday.

Not that I might not appear before that. I might. You'll just have to keep checking in to see when we decide to blog our announcement. Hmmm ... do you feel frustrated at having to wait for answer?! JOIN THE CLUB!

Did I mention I am still waiting?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Wendi. HUGS!

Suggestion for your back. Have you ever tried ThermaCare patches. They provide heat all day and are awesome!!!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Thanks so much anonymous person. Unfortunately, JB said my complaints warrant COLD. Not sure why but that isn't nearly as comforting as warm. Either way, I am feeling tons better this a.m. then yesterday a.m.

Anonymous said...

hi wendi!
i always check your blog while i'm waiting for patients to show. :-) just thought i'd say hey!

Anonymous said...

Thanx Wen! I was so proud of myself for responding to your blog and contributing to the trivia.
What about Keith and AD doing a wedding update on your blog.
Is there such a thing as sympathy hormones?
Your blogs tend to make me cry!!
Our tv is out otherwise those commercials would hit me too!!
Loveyou!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wen!

I could definitely be up for guest blogging [can I write about tofu or the Iron Chef?], but what about...
- A Colorado update from Kelsey
- A lesson in spades from Coach!
- Boston blogging from Bara?
- A day in the life of a busy dental student (Rachel)

PS - You were right! The following quote was taken directly from a random website with alleged authority in the area of Mexican Train Dominoes: If your very last domino is a double you may go out with it. In that case the game ends immediately and is scored. :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Nah, I'm going with you Les! The big Y O U!