Saturday, September 09, 2006

Life returns to normal

It's what I thought it would be actually. Just like I wrote on my post the morning of the transfer. Anti-climactic.

You wait so long for this day, and you cross it off your calendar, all the while reminding yourself not to give up enjoying the days of the present. Then it comes. Then it goes.

It is sort of like a wedding I tell myself. You plan for it, you prep for it, you dream of it. Then it comes. Then it goes.

Only, I guess with a wedding, you don't have to wait two weeks to find out whether the marriage "stuck" or not. Unless you're Brittney Spears or something.

Ugh. Brittney Spears. Don't get me started on Brittney Spears. She's one of those people who, when she gets pregnant, you find yourself seriously questioning God's choice. Sorry, I shouldn't slam Brittney Spears. Or should I?

Okay, this really wasn't the vision I had for this blog entry.

Obviously, comparisons only go so far. (Referring back to comparing the transfer to a wedding -- the whole Brittney Spears kind of broke the continuity of the connection.)

Life has, basically, completely, returned to normal. I went to work yesterday, and other than some slight cramping, I felt really good. My boss asked me at one point if I felt up to working a full day, telling me that I looked tired.

I've always wondered. When someone asks you that, what do you say when you are not tired? "I'm sorry I look so bad?" The funny thing is, I actually thought I looked pretty put together for having been fairly doped up the day before. I guess I had myself fooled. "No," I told him. "I feel fine. Really."

Honestly, the only thing that is continually nagging me are these shots in my back. We decided that this time, JB would leave the bandaids in place after a shot so that he could remember where he has shot me already and try to find a fresh spot. So I currently have seven tiny circular bandaids on my back. The shots themselves don't hurt that bad, but every time I take a step, I'm reminded that they don't call these "intra-muscular" for no reason.

The problem is, JB is already running out of room. There is only a narrow window where these shots can occur. Most women have the nurses draw circles on their back with a black permanent marker. However, they told JB he was "professional" enough to figure it out himself. I asked him if there was any way he could cheat and find a new spot. "Maybe a little bit lower on my back?" I ask.

"Wendi, they give you location requirements for a reason. You have nerves in your back."

Oh. Right. Those pesky nerves. Gotcha.

So, anyways, back to what I was getting at when I started this blog. We are now, simply, in our two week wait. Or not so simply. It's more like torture to just sit and wait. Lately, I've been feeling my age. I'll be thirty next summer! Oh my! I don't want to be thirty so I want time to slow down. But, see, I want these two weeks to speed up. You see why God doesn't know what to do to help me out here! I'm giving him very mixed messages.

During the next two weeks, JB is studying for two different exams. Next week he takes his Step II Boards, a test all physicians have to pass on their track to become an official doctor. He has been studying everyday for about 8-10 hours. He takes a break for lunch and maybe a break for dinner, but otherwise, he studies. A few days after that, we will head to Chicago so he can take his clinical skills test. This is where you actually go in a room, meet up with fake patients, do their exam, and then return and answer a few questions. These aren't offered in Rochester so we picked the closest big city. Great news though! Josh and Sarah, who now live in Tennessee, will be there that weekend visiting! I am so excited to see them, Jason and Kathleen, my aunt Janet, my grama, everyone. Aunt Linda, maybe we can connect with you this time?

This weekend brings more waiting and cooler temperatures. The high today is 60. Hmmm. Maybe I should vow to not discuss the weather in this blog for all the winter.

Ha! Who am I kidding! That's like saying, "Maybe I won't even think about this two week wait."

WhatEVER.

* * * * *
My friend Tara's friends are finalists for a free wedding for the Today show. Would you help and vote for Chauntee and Joshua? VOTE HERE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, the kids and I are planning on going to Tyler's B-day party at Jason & Kathleens on 9/15. We heard you were going to be there too. See you then?

Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry,

Love,
Aunt Linda
:)

suebaby said...

Ewww... Britney Spears... gross.... yucky... blechhhh....

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Awesome Linda.

And Sue Baby. Thanks! I thought maybe it was just my infertile nature talking. Glad to hear I am not alone in my slight dislike. :)

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah...I'm like totally over Britney AND Jessica. Boith of them are BLEH!

Anonymous said...

Both, not boith, lol