Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tomorrow is the day

Hard to believe that tomorrow is the day. It was May 24th that we found out our first attempt with IVF did not work, and at the time, September 7th felt like it would take forever to get here.

Well forever dragged by, and now, it's here.

Tomorrow morning at 7:30, I check in at Methodist Hospital. Hopefully by 8:30 or 9:00 I will be in the operating room. I hope to be back home in my bed by noon. The only other thing I might need to schedule in there is a Dairy Queen Blizzard. But being as I can't run for at least two weeks, I may have to say no to the Blizzardo.

When I got the call yesterday which announced our start time, I told JB I didn't feel ready -- that getting the time felt so final. To lighten the mood, my husband, mister cool-and-collected, said, "Well would you prefer they told you to be there between Thursday and Sunday and that they may or may not be ready for your arrival?"

No JB, I don't prefer that. I prefer to know that it is at 7:30 Thursday morning. I just can't believe that 7:30 Thursday morning is now just a little over a half day away.

I have been given specific instructions following the surgery. I am not allowed to drive. Check. Not allowed to operate any heavy machinery. Ummm, okay, check. Not allowed to make any legal decisions. All right. I'll postpone my legal writing endeavors.

In the two weeks that follow, I also have a lot of regulations. No exercising. I begrudgingly say "check". No lifting anything heavy. That's easy. Check. No vacuuming. No problemo at all. I can give up vacuuming. Check and double check! At the end of two weeks, we'll go in for a pregnancy test. If it is positive, we will return three days later to assure the numbers are rising appropriately. I will stay on strict regulations until our first ultrasound, three days after that.

In the meantime, I have started my yucky progesterone shots. This time they are in the a.m. instead of the p.m. I'm not sure what is better--waiting all day for your shot in the evening or waking up first thing in the morning knowing you have to roll over and take a shot in the back. I am blessed to have a pro for a shot-giver who attempts to massage the thick oil around immediately after in the hopes of eliminating those nasty clumps that seem to develop later. C'mon fellow progesterone shot receivers. Am I right or am I right?

Here we go again. Two weeks, one day, and counting! Stay tuned ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, as I write this, you are in getting those sticky babies stuck in. Go sticky babies:) You are in my thoughts!