Friday, September 29, 2006

I got my leg back!

JB and his brother Matt last Christmas.

Jb is home!
Honestly, truly, is there anything else I need to say? The moment he walked in the door, I instantly felt better. I have realized, throughout this infertility journey, that JB and I, who have always been the best of friends, have grown even closer than we already were. I think back to when we first started trying to have children and definitely recognize that our marriage would not have been what it is now had we had a child when we thought the timing was best. John is absolutely my best friend, my rock. I said the other day that when he left, I felt like one of my legs was ripped out from under me. Last night, I felt like I was able to stand again!


Besides the Lord, John is the only one that has taken each and every step of this adventure with me and understands exactly what is happening in my mind. He helps to distract me with jokes and stories and dinner. Last night we talked forever about their camping trip. No fish the entire four days, but tons of fun, and his brother Matt even took a little (accidental) swim. Now that's not much fun when it is forty degrees outside.


Anyways, JB took pictures but they are not digital, so I will get them on here as soon as he gets them developed. He and Matt said it was weird to revert back to a "regular" camera after using digital for so long. "We have no idea if the pictures are any good," Matt joked.


I wanted to ask your prayers this week, when you are praying for me, as I hope you do, to add Tim and Jenny to your list. They are our new friends at Eglin Air Force Base that we met through our mutual friend, Roberta. Tim and Jenny will find out early next week if their first try with IVF worked or not. If you thought my battle has been tough, try losing all your paperwork in Hurricane Katrina, and having to start over -- and start over in Texas, not in the state you live in! Ugh. Anyways, we pray fervently that her two little sticky babies are thriving away. Praying for you Jenny. You need to have your own child so that you, the fervent prayer warrior, can concentrate all your barren-womb prayers on me! (Just kidding of course!)


Here is my "theme" verse today. If you are looking for something to pray for me or something to pray for yourself if something is worrying you, here's what I plan to remember all day:


Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

Oh and, crud, both John and his brother Matt had heard of the word "juke". What is wrong with me? Bara, this is proof, as you said, that just because we speak English doesn't mean we know all the words -- I am constantly learning new ones. Keep working at it. You are getting better every minute.

No comments: