Monday, September 04, 2006

My blog seems pointless


My blog about taking my last shot of lupron this morning and starting progesterone tomorrow morning now seems rather lame. Prior to blogging this morning, I was browsing around Hannah's Prayer and noticed a post from a fellow IF friend about Steve Irwin's death. His death? I quickly turned on the news, and sure enough, Steve Irwin was killed Monday morning by of all things, a sting ray. Apparently the sting ray felt provoked and stuck a barb into Steve's heart. He died instantly. They say it is only the third sting ray death in Australia's waters in documented history.

I think anytime that something happens to someone who appears invincible, your core is sort of shaken. I can compare this to Christopher's Reeve's paralysis and untimely death. I feel really bummed about this. Thinking about his wife and children grieving his death always puts things into perspective. I think anytime something like this happens you do as the cliche' says and count your own blessings. I tried to get to the Crocodile Hunter's homepage currently won't even load. I am sure it is because it is getting way too much traffic at once.

So as to not end this post on too much of a downer, I did want to share some good news that I received yesterday. I was asked by another magazine in Rochester -- The Wedding Magazine-Rochester to write a piece for their upcoming issue. I made this connection through my editor and my writing for Rochester Women (thanks Ellie). While it is a short deadline (the story is due on September 14th), these are the types of connections I am very excited to make. As most of you know, if and when we leave Rochester, it is my plan to continue writing for the RLS Foundation and to strictly write from home. I don't plan to get another job. While most of these local magazines try to keep local writers, getting them on my resume is a huge part of keeping my writing base when we move. Being as we plan to move a lot, I pray that I can continue completely writing from home wherever we live.

Going to go for a run with JB. Later today we are going to head over to the Ray's and grill out. Labor Day is actually a sad holiday in the north or "midwest" as it is known as the last "hurrah" of warm weather! From here on out it is all down hill.

Speaking of weather, I have purposely avoided complaining about the fact that it is now almost too cold here to wear shorts or flip flops and today is the last day you can wear white. Who started that tradition anyways? I did a google search and found a post on Why you aren't supposed to wear white after labor day? As a note of interest to my non-Florida blog readers, this is NOT a tradition in south Florida. You can wear white any stinkin' time you want in the Caribbean. I wonder if this is true in northern Florida (i.e., Eglin Air Force Base?!) as well? Either way, it's just another reason to avoid "Life in the Polar North".

No comments: