Monday, September 18, 2006

Blog off

So we have all these guest bloggers. How will we will tell who does the best job?

Some people have been asking me about my web page hits. The counter I have at the bottom of this screen actually runs through a company (for free!) that enables me to monitor hits both daily and weekly. Each day, I usually get somewhere around 130 hits although I do have some high days (219 is the highest I think.) I found that these high days are usually a day that we are going in for a procedure. Which means you guys really do care about what happens to me I guess. It's touching. Really.

The website also keeps a weekly history. You will notice that I hit my all-time weekly high for two weeks ago with 1107. This was the week of our transfer. Sometimes I do start wondering if you guys are sick of infertility talk. I guess not. I use my hits as a guide.

This also could be really telling when we have our guest bloggers next week. Which one of them will attract the most readers?! Woah. Maybe I will keep the results to myself.


Anyways, I thought you would all find this interesting to see how many people are reading along with you. I have also had questions about whether you can share my blog with others. YES! Please do. Feel free to give the address. I have avoided putting it into search engines although, despite this, if you google "Wendi ___" with my last name, you will get this blog as your first hit. I can't figure out why that happens.

I have, for this reason, avoided using last names and other identifying factors. In the beginning, when I was getting two hits a day or so, using last names wasn't a big deal, but I have now been attempting to avoid using last names and too many details so that no one feels threatened.

Like Tara for instance. What if some banking company read my banking blog and decided they wanted her to be the spokeswoman for the new tube systems! What if Tara didn't want to b the spokeswoman? Not using her last name helps her avoid the unwanted paparazzi!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TUESDAY, TUESDAY, TUESDAY!!! TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS. As far as anonymity of blog-subjects goes... I believe my last name WAS mentioned in the bank-blog. As long as this doesn't get out to family medicine residency programs, I'm okay with it. I may not match anywhere if they find out about my lack-of-knowledge-about-drive-throughs. Ssssssh.

Anonymous said...

How do you get a blog counter? That is neat to see how many people look at your blog. It is because you are such a good writer! -Kristen

Anonymous said...

Oh man I am nervous now! Please don't publish the results...