Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Thanks Lesley!

It's Wednesday morning. My dear friend Lesley Jones just left our condo. Lesley came over at the break of dawn to give me one of my progesterone shots. No, JB isn't gone. However, he is planning on doing a camping trip late next week, and if we are pregnant, I will need someone else to give me my shots.

I am proud to say that Lesley did a fabulous job. I had to give her two rules: (1) I cannot help load the medicine in the needle at all. These needles are too large and the medicine is too thick. It makes me nervous. (2) I will not answer any questions while I am lying down waiting for the shot. JB used to ask me if I was ready, like, ten times, and I wouldn't answer. For some reason, my mental preparation is not verbal whatsoever. If I am lying down, I am ready. Stick me whenever you want.

As I have said before, the shot itself is really not that painful, and this morning was no exception. Very proud of you there Les.

In other news, I don't have pictures of the new Philip baby yet. We'll give Melissa more time to recover before we go and visit little Luke. Christo did tell JB that Karuna didn't really know what to make of this new little guy. I hope we get to see Karuna when we stop by and visit as well.

One other bit of news has to do with my job at RLSF. Unfortunately, for many different reasons, we have lost 4 of our 10 employees in the last three weeks. All of them have left for a different reasons, and one of them was Kelsey, who obviously had to quit as she left for Boulder. This has been very stressful for all of us, and put a lot of work on the six of us that are remaining.

At the same time, the Foundation is getting to ready to move across town in the next few months. Last night I talked to my office manager on instant messenger, and discussed some options. It appears they are going to let me completely work from home! She has to talk with the Executive Director to confirm, but I am probably going to take my work computer home. This way they won't have to buy me space at the new place (no overhead). As well, if we move to Florida, it'd be good "practice" for working long distance. I will still go in for meetings and other important events but for the most part, will be completely at home. Not sure when this will start, but I am looking forward to moving my writing more to home. I'll keep you posted on how this transpires.

Right now, I'm heading to Mayo for a full day. Today is JB's last study day. He takes his boards tomorrow. He is going to go get a massage late this afternoon. This is kind of a pre-test tradition that JB really enjoys! I know he will do great on his test. He always does.

As soon as we visit the Philips, I'll put some pictures. Maybe today? Stay posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I got my own blog title. :) What a shout out! I should come over early in the morning more often. :)