Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Scrabble reign comes to unfortunate end

Well this morning, my dad beat me in Scrabble. I blame it on the fact that I had 6 vowels for about nine hands in a row. You can only write OAR, FOE, TOE, ODE for so long before that gets old and you start getting creamed. Well not creamed, but I lost nonetheless. 2-1. I am afraid to play one more game before he leaves. I'd hate to leave on a tie. So maybe I'll just stay the champion and refuse to defend my title.

If you guys don't read the comments on my blogs, you are missing out. Especially when dear Lelsey Jones (who my dad said is "cute as a button") decides to post on her own Scrabble victories by writing:

I thought of you the other night because David and I were playing "best friends" Scrabble. When I don't have a letter I need, he gives it to me from his collection (I almost had "seminary" but needed an R), and when I have a place on the board picked out, I ask him not to go there, and he doesn't. I thought you would find that funny. :) Next thing you know, we'll be using proper nouns!
Lesley, 202 is still laughing about this. I have so many questions but don't know where to start. Is Dave okay with you sharing this? Is this really any fun? Do you do this often? Did you at least win? And would you call it winning? I could go on and on, but I'll let it go. To each his own. I must tell you though that there will be no such game played in my house.
4:30 today we are going to over to the Rays house. We are going to say good bye to little English who is now 18 and leaving for the Air Force (Sarah do you feel old?). Then we are inviting people over to their house for a cook-out. Then we'll come back downtown for fireworks. I will definitely share some pictures with you later on.
Oh and thanks for all the migraine advice. Honestly, I have been doing very well. Slight headache but a good nights sleep, a good run this morning, and my measly Alleve seem to be doing the trick right now. I am just praying that this keeps up!
JB said I should just throw the codeine away instead of having him hide it. He said, "I'm going to come home and the house is going to be trashed with you looking for that bottle. I'm not sure I can hide it well enough."
He might be right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, in response to your questions...we only play once in a blue moon. (Our other favorite game is "Golf" - a card game that we learned from the recreational therapist in the psychiatric hospital). And no one wins because we don't keep score. :) Ha ha!

See you at the Ray's!

Anonymous said...

Well, I am feeling very sorry for myself. This is the second time dad left me alone on the 4th of July. All my friends either have plans or don't want to fight the traffic. I hate to walk down to the park by myself. It's just not the same ooohing and aaahing alone.
O well...Just wanted some pity cause doing that alone isn't fun either! Enjoy your evening!!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Mom, 2nd time? You were here with us last year.

Anonymous said...

Not the second time in a row....the last time was when he was finishing up his masters and was gone for 6 weeks.