Sunday, July 02, 2006

Saturday in the Cities

Well as I told you yesterday, the four of us (Dad, JB, Tara, and I) headed down to the cities. We went to the Mall of America and as soon as we walked in, we went through Sears and saw the TVs flocked with spectators for the final seven minutes of the France vs. Brazil soccer (futball for all my non American readers). So we joined the crowds and watched the last few minutes of France's upset of the mighty Brazilians. (Sorry Calvin).

We then spent a few hours walking around. Actually three of us walked around while JB found himself a seat in Barnes and Noble for a great reading day. He also made a stop at a wine store and William & Sonoma but otherwise just read.

For dinner, Tara took us to a fantastic restaurant called Chino Latino. It was amazing food and a place we would definitely plan to go back to. The menu changes on a daily basis and everything is served family style. It is a little pricey (about $25 a person for us) but you could definitely get less food than we did (we simply went off the waiter's recommendation) and get dinner for about $15 a person. If you are a Polar North amigo, you want to check this place out.

Dad, Wendi and Tara before dinner.

Tara not sure where she should begin with our jerk chicken platter

A view of both levels of the restaurant

We sat right behind this long table which serves really large groups

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps no one else noticed (but now it has been brought to your attention) how SMALL I look in the pic of us watching World Cup! My eye-level TV is not the same as that which Mr. Huisman and John are watching:) I was the odd-one out yesterday in the height respect. But it was a FANTASTIC day!! Thanks for including me. I'm so glad you liked the restaurant!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well, JB was on an empty TV stand you know!

And thank YOU for including US at YOUR restaurant.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Well actually it is futbol in Spanish I believe? Spanish speaker Tara can you comment on this.

Also, while ten years ago soccer was not that popular in the U.S., it is becoming more and more popular. More kids actually start out playing it but then it seems to get replaced.

Read this article. It's hillarious:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,1741375,00.html

John played from the time he was 12 until he graduate high school. We like it in our house!

Anonymous said...

Chino Latino! Sounds fun! :)

Wendi, it is SO hot today!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Les, I must be honest ... I still don't think this is very hot. I think this is very comfortable. Is that horrible to say?

Anonymous said...

No, I just posted that because I knew you wouldn't think it was hot. :) Seriously, Wen, it was 91 degrees today! :) I had something I was going to tell you, but I've forgotten...I'll call you later!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I saw it was 91 but there was a breeze. It still wasn't even near a Florida summer day ... the seatbelts weren't even hot. I actually just got your message ... but it's 9:15 now so I won't call. But yes, I would like to borrow your movie.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is "fĂștbol" in Spanish. But I can't speak for other countries/languages :)
tara

Anonymous said...

Bara is a man after my own heart! Go France!! Since my team, Argentina, was beat I want France to win. Tomorrow is the next game and even though Wendi is having a party at our house I will be sitting in front of the TV with ESPN on. Maybe a little bit of Wimbeldon, too.

Leslie, I am with you. It is too stinking hot! Temps in the 90's should be against the law.

Ebby Ray