Thursday, July 27, 2006

Friday-Friday

Well, JB successfully finished his Sub-I today. He did his last night of call last night and finished his last call day today.

So wait, before I get to today, let me rewind to yesterday ...

After work yesterday, Kelsey and I came home, and she taught me cribbage while JB was sleeping. We only played once, but I won, so I certainly feel like a professional, and can now (for all of you who understand the game), count to fifteen in a variety of ways.

After cribbage, we went for a run (also while JB was still sleeping). We ran together for about 1.5 miles, then we went our separate ways -- me to run another half mile and Kelsey to run another 3.5 miles! Ugh. I would love to run a marathon, but I am just not sure I have it in me.

After that, Tara came over. She brought Thai from a restaurant Christo recommended in Austin. Tara is doing a rotation in Austin, about forty minutes from here, and blessed us with carry-out! Christo, you were right. It was very good! Although the idea was that we would all eat together and Tara brought the three of us food and none for her. What's with that?!

Now it's Friday. I was supposed to do a half day at Mayo, take Kelsey to the airport for a weekend jaunt in the fabulous Dakotas, and then work from home for RLS. However, my boss at Mayo requested that I stay on through the afternoon. So beside the break to drive Kelsey to the Rochester airport, I was at Mayo all day.


What is wonderful about this weekend is that I can spend the entire run of it with JB and we have, basically, nothing to do. Tonight we are going to have cake and ice cream at the Rays to celebrate Ebby's birthday, and of course we will go to church, but other than that, nothing major planned. We were thinking about going tubing. However, with the little rain that we have had, I am afraid that the water will be very slow, and I am not sure I want to be in the sun that long.

Not that the HEAT bothers me mind you. It has been in the nineties for quite some time here in Minnesota -- the warmest summer since I have been here by far. However, as some of you may know, I had a pre-melanoma removed when I was twenty, and my father has had two melanomas removed. The doctor told me that I had had all the sun I needed for my entire life after growing up in the sunshine state. I therefore really try to limit my intake of the sun despite the fact that there is nothing I love more than having a tan!

Speaking of the sun, I actually had someone today ask me if I had lightened my hair. I have not lightened my hair which means all of my running and walking outside has made me look a little less Minnesota-like. Someday I pray I will live in a climate where my hair naturally returns to the blonde-blonde I love.

Jb often jokes that when women want to emphasize something they say the word twice. So ... I love JB-I love JB!

P.S. Thanks for the comments on the previous post. Please keep them coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ik hou van kaarten en wel het meest van klaverjassen en canasta.Overigens is na 1 les en dan winnen 'beginners'geluk. Tot mijn spijt besteed ik de laatste jaren niet veel tijd aan kaartspelletjes omdat de voltooing van onze stamboom nogal wat tijd vraagt.
Hardlopen voor een 85-er lijkt mij geen gezonde bezigheid Ik doe meer aan fietsen, bijvoorbeeld 2-3 keer in de week en meestal 25 -45 km per rit.
Jouw blog is zeer informatief en lezenswaardig (ben nogal eens een woorden boek nodig) en doet mij denken aan een dagboek waarin toch wel persoonlijke mededelingen worden gedaan.
Ik verwacht dat een kenner van het Nederlands dit verhaaltje wel even vertaald.
Ik woon in een kleine stad in het noordoosten van Groningen .een provincie van Nederland, dicht bij de grens met Duitsland.