Monday, August 31, 2015

We Bought a Farm: I think we found our church

We think we have found a church that fits our family very nicely.
  • JB needed an intellectual pastor. Check
  • We wanted a really great kids program. Check. 
  • I really wanted to find a church that had a heart for the widows and orphans. Check. 
  • I wanted to find a place that I could easily take all four kids by myself and feel like they were being smothered with love and teaching for the hour. Check. 
  • We all wanted to find a church that seemed like we could contribute to the body. Check.
We aren't writing our decision in stone yet, but we do feel like the Lord has lead us to the right place. I'm excited to get involved, get to know people, and find a church home

Slowly but surely I am releasing the past places I have lived and the previous churches I have worshipped in .... releasing them into the past and looking to the future. I am not really sure how to phrase this, but it is important, when you move as much as we have during the first two decades of our married life, to embrace the new place, and realize that any place can become home.

If you let it be.

Finding a church is part of that. It won't feel the same for a long time. You'll grieve for the church homes of your past. But your present is where you are now. And it's time to move on and look forward.

“Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.” ― Robin HobbFool's Fate

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I feel the same way. Even though we have been here a year we didn't take our little miss for the first 6 months because the church we were attending was so large and we didn't want to expose her to germs and then with Chris gone for almost 5 months I feel like we are just now FINALLY getting to plug into church as a family! I'm so excited about this fall and really being a part of the body.