Friday, August 07, 2015

Friday Funnies


My boys LOVE playing "Stack the States" and "Stack the Countries" on their iPad games. (If you have an iPad and a child who can read, you should totally check these out. They are amazing geography teachers.) They always giggle because they think the country of Zambia looks like a man's muscular arm. (Shown above.) 

Yesterday Sidge said to me. "We have to check countries where you can die for believing in God. I hope it is not Zambia. I like Zambia a lot."

*****

Joni and I have been playing ping pong on my vacation here. I kept joking that I had to be careful so I didn't "pull a hammy." At one point Isaac said, not understanding what I said, "Mom, did you break your fanny?"

*****

Sidge will often tell me that I look beautiful. Then I may come out and he'll say I don't look so beautiful. Today he said to me, "Some days you look beautiful. Some days you don't. Today you look medium."

*****

While fishing with Roy, Sidge squinted while Roy put the worm on the hook. "I'm not so sure the worm is too happy with that," he said. And then he looked up at Roy and said, "Do you think that worm is in distress?"

*****

Sidge got a new bald eagle stuffed animal as a gift from Roy and Joni. He picked it out at a little store when we were "moose hunting" in New Hampshire. Later he told me he was proud of himself for "saving that Eagle from the store shelf." He also informed me that, "I'm not sure if I like you or my eagle better right now. I think it is you Mom. But I'm just not sure."

*****

Me: "Could I have just a little kiss on my cheek, Sidge?"
Sidge: "Okay." (Gives me a kiss.)
Me: "Thanks."
Sidge: "Ewwww. That tasted bad."
Me: "Well that's nice."
Sidge: "It's not my fault. It's your cheek's fault. It's the one that tastes bad."

No comments: