Monday, October 25, 2010

ball in the bed

The toddler bed transition has been going well. Nap times and night time, Isaac gets into his toddler bed and Elijah into his crib (with some help) and sleep ensues ... eventually.

There's a lot of goofing around that precedes bedtime. Including:
  • Isaac insisting he should sleep with the new ball he got from Hatice's husband Mehmet and me finding it in Eljiah's bed the next morning!
  • Elijah yelling "pap-pap" and me going into the room to find Elijah pointing at his pacifier which Isaac was laying on his bed and twirling in his mouth. "Mine!" Elijah yelled. "No pap-pap is mine!" Isaac yelled back with a bit of a smirk on his face.

I explained to Isaac that he is not allowed to get out of his bed. He can read books, but he has to stay in it. Well our little obedient boy took it such an extreme that JB went and got him yesterday morning. Isaac was sitting on the end of his bed saying, "I waked up Daddy but Mommy said no-no."

We'll see how this goes when we start Round II with Elijah ... whenever I find a cheap second-hand toddler bed to complete the project.

P.S. A Happy Birthday to my childhood friend Tony who is a faithful blog reader. Thanks for being my childhood kick-the-cone buddy Tony!

1 comment:

The Mac's House said...

Oh how cute, gotta love this transition time into being a little boy.

He's just too funny!