Saturday, October 23, 2010

Carpet Dinner

I organized a carpet dinner at Uzbeks for my Mom and Joni so that they could experience some more Turkish culture.

From left: Diane and Joan, Shane, Beth and Bogie, JB and Wendi, Stebbins and Ryan.


Yum!!!!

Beginning the carpet demonstration. This guy (Esret?) is fantastic! Unfortunately, in December, he will be leaving to do his military service and the store will close for one year. JB and I continue to drool over one particular handmade carpet "kind" that we love.

More food!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm just catching up...how cool that your mother and Joni are there to visit! 1/4 of that food looks yummy, but the rest...I don't know! I'm not a meat and peppers and onions kind of girl. I could prob stand the bread though! LOL

And that road they found in the previous post is so cool!!

Anonymous said...

so is the dinner free? do you have to buy carpets?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

They pay for the dinner in the "hopes" that someone buys a carpet. It's an advertising technique for them.