Thursday, July 08, 2010

Fifthly

I've decided a few things today.

Firstly, I thought the pants sagging low thing had gone out of style. Did it go out and come back in? I'm not sure. It seemed out of style in Minnesota and northern Florida. But it's still in style here in South Florida.

Secondly, am I the only one who thinks that throwing your cigarette butts out of car windows meets the definition of littering? Why is this not enforced more? It's rude, don't you think?

Thirdly, how, in my right mind, did I play basketball and volleyball in the summertime in a gymnasium without air conditioning in South Florida? Seriously? It is sooo hot. Did I think it was hot when I was little? And how did adults allow their children to practice in a gymnasium without air conditioning?

Fourthly, Sugar Sand Park is the coolest park I have ever seen in the whole wide world. Best free park at least. This was our second time, and I am now convinced more than ever. I thought of my friend Joia. I thought that you would be so blown away you would write a humongous post with more pictures than we could count. I missed my friend Joia.

And then I started missing things I haven't said good bye to yet.

And this is my fifth point. I thought that saying good bye to our home in Eglin would be the sad part. But today I got sad. I was walking the boys from the park back to the van. And I thought to myself that I was so lucky to have these boys. And so lucky to have grandparents that loved them so much. And then I realized we wouldn't be seeing them very much very soon.

And that made me very sad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"jeezy-peezy" you had to remind us(:
but we sure are enjoying our time now:)
love you!
grandma k

Anonymous said...

you keep making me cry...i hope these tears for you help!
xo Tante Jan

Grama Di said...

We don't say good bye. We say See you later!!! And I'm w/ mom K! We're having a ball NOW!

Bobbie said...

I thought I was the only one who thought that about cigarettes! I'm glad I'm at least not the only one who is disgusted by that. All the signs on the road about littering fines and I've never seen anyone get in trouble for that. Last weekend at the beach, I picked up a bunch.

Try to focus on the time you have left here. Luckily, with technology, you'll be able to stay very well in touch!