Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Leaving soon

Our time is growing short.

I feel that the only way we can get through the next few days is to pretend that we aren't going to be leaving.

I keep reminding myself that we wanted to go to Turkey so that we could stay together as a family. We are saying good bye to our big family so that we can stay together as a little family.

But it is hard to imagine our loved ones possibly not seeing us for up to a year. I know we've gone that long seeing people before when we lived in Kentucky and Minnesota.

But for some reason this seems longer.

We were reading a book this morning. It had a picture of the Earth on it. The Earth is a very big place. We are going to a very far away place on the globe.

Praying for strength.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Wendy, I can not imagine what you are going through. Praying for strength for you. May God surround you with His arms of love. Know that He goes before you, He follows behind you, He is on everside. You are surrounded in Him. Peace, sweet sister!
Jessie who used to be on HP

Jess said...

Oh my....

But it'll be alright. It really will. Technology is a wonderful thing. :)

Thinking of you.

Jenny said...

I promise you it gets easier. The first year is the hardest as you adjust and try to get settled. Skype is great. We used it just this evening so my parents could talk to the girls while they ate their dinner. We use VONAGE and Google Voice here, and have pretty happy with them.

Thinking and praying for you.

Lisa Cronk said...

You are a stronger woman than I! We're only moving 90 miles and I am so exhausted right now, I'm not sure we'll make it there. We move tomorrow (yikes) and said goodbye to our Rochester house today. We are getting ready to head to our final walkthrough tonight and our closing tomorrow morning. I can't imagine how hard it is to move so far, Wendi! You all are amazing! We are thinking of your beautiful family and praying for you all to have a wonderful journey.
: ) Lisa (and family)

Just Believing said...

we just moved and while its not out of the country its away from family and you said it so sweetly to keep the little family together you leave the big family which is so bitter sweet...i know what your going thru and thinking of you :)