Sunday, December 06, 2009

Update on Isaac (and other stuff)

Isaac is doing considerably better. He woke up still a bit swollen, by mid-day, the puffiness was basically gone. This was definitely a different type of reaction than his other two flare-ups. The other two produced more swelling but swelling that dissipated quickly. He wasn't as swollen this time but it hung around a lot longer. We are pretty sure he is allergic to eggs, but he didn't even have anything yesterday with eggs in it (which in the past has been okay.) Hopefully when we go to the allergist in January, we'll get more information. We are aware that these allergies can get worse, and thanks to JB's wonderful fellow resident and chief, Kacey, we now have Epi-pens with us in case the allergy were to ever effect Isaac's breathing.

Anyways, onto a brighter note. My husband. He was the bright spot for me this weekend. I was really feeling cruddy Friday, Saturday, and even still today. Some head cold -- probably the same one JB and Elijah had dealt with during the last week. But my dear husband, despite the fact that he was still a bit under-the-weather himself, let me sleep in on Saturday and Sunday! Then, he let me take naps both days. What an amazing blessing. While I am still feeling a bit icky, the extra rest and a second set of hands with the boys (and Scrubs who has been so hyper with the cold weather that has rolled in) was amazingly helpful.

I love my husband so much. I have always loved him mind you, but now that our five years of infertility is significantly behind us, I feel like we have been able to reconnect in such a fantastic way. Someday I'll write a whole post on how hard I think those years were on my marriage, but for now, let me just say, that I can really feel the pressure of those years dissipating and the two of us growing even closer than we were before all that. It feels wonderful. If you are in the midst of infertility and your marriage feels a bit wobbly, just hang on. As the Lord brings peace to you and writes your story, you will find Him again as a couple. I trust that would be the case no matter how our story ended up being written.

Okay, so let's switch to a lighter topic.

How 'bout the weather?

It has been COLD here. Thirties and forties. When I go outside and feel that cold air whip across me, I can't help but think to myself: How the heck did I survive four winters in Rochester, Minnesota? I mean, seriously. It could get, like fifty degrees colder in Rochester than it was here today. How did I do that? I know I dressed warmer and was more prepared for it, but still. Holy cow! I lived in a place that got into the NEGATIVE thirties and even one day, negative forty.

That makes me realize how much I loved my husband even back then. I loved him enough to live in Rochester. (Don't worry Minnesotans. You know I loved Rochester despite the fact that I was freezing for two-thirds of my time there!)

All right. Time to go read some books with my boys before putting them to bed. It has taken us three nights to watch the movie Australia. We have really enjoyed it so far and are looking forward to finishing it (and eating some cookies from our cookie exchange) after the boys head to bed.

Oh and a P.S. here. Isaac is talking like crazy lately. New words everyday. Some are quite funny. Grass for instance. Isaac has learned how to say the word grass, only he doesn't pronounce the "gr" part of the word. Yeah, so there you have it. His first bad word. ;)

4 comments:

Gabbs said...

Lol, thats funny!

Rachel and Hans said...

funny!

go see "the blindside" - seriously - you will love it.

Brittny said...

if it makes you feel any better christopher has been making up words and two of the ones that have come out are "pick", but replace the "p" with a "d" and "batch" replace the "a" with an "i". you can't make a big deal out of it b/c they will only say it 100 times more!!! you have to hope and pray they don't say it in front of anyone that would think you actually use those words. so, we have just banned making up words altogether.

AW said...

JK's word for "shirt" for a little while had no "r" on it. So he'd point at his chest and say "Sh*t" or worse, point at Gramma and say it. So glad our relatives know we don't say those words and that they have a sense of humor about it. LOL...