Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Let the family begin

I got a call yesterday from my grandparents. They live in northern Michigan. Petoskey to be more specific. They are doing a southerly drive, stopping to see each of their great grandchildren. First they went to the Illinois area to see my cousin Cara and her two little ones. Then they headed further south to visit Cara's brother Eddie and his family which includes a wife and three children.

We're next! They were supposed to arrive on Thursday but things have moved faster than they thought. Last night they called and told me that they are in fact arriving this afternoon! Tuesday instead.

Let the festivities begin.

From here they will travel further south. They'll be staying with my parents for a month, an escape from the cold Michigan winters. They'll also be visiting with my brother and his family.

My parents will be joining us here in northern Florida tomorrow. It'll be so wonderful to have everyone here together. I have seen my grandparents a few times in the last few years but always for very short bursts. Isaac's baby shower in 2008. My Grama Huisman's funeral in 1999. It will be nice to spend some quality time with them and let them enjoy my boys.

We have also been incredibly blessed. My friend Heather who lives around the block, is leaving town today. She needed someone to watch her two labs. We needed somewhere for my grandparents to stay as my parents are staying here. It's perfecto! My grandparents will stay at her house, give the dogs some love and attention (they are older and not very needy), and everyone will have a grand time.

Yipeee!

As for me, pray I get some extra energy. Isaac was very sick yesterday. I think it was the worst I have ever seen him. The only thing that made him feel better? JB. You shoulda seen him. I spent two hours trying to comfort him, hold him, read to him. And he cried. For two hours straight. JB walked in the door, scooped Isaac in his arms, and the two sat on the sofa in amazing peace for the next two hours. Unbelievable! That boy loves his Daddy.

But Elijah was up at 4:30. I think bouncing him around from room to room with Isaac being sick has left him confused. Last night he returned to their bedroom, but at 4:30 he decided he'd have enough of that sleep stuff. I guess he didn't care that Mommy hadn't had enough of that sleep stuff.

Anyways, so excited to spend Christmas with family and not having to travel. Pictures to come for sure!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow-either you lost a decade or you were planning super early for Isaac-his baby shower was in 1998?! I am just teasing..love your blog and wanted to wish you a wonderful visit with the grandparents!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

LOL. 2008. I fixed it. :)