Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Questions

There are questions in life.

Questions like:

1. Where will be moving in July? Yesterday, JB submitted his rank list to the U.S. Air Force. Twenty locations where we could see ourselves living for the next four years. We don't find out where the Air Force is sending us until the Spring. Hopefully March. Maybe April. Where oh where will we go?!

2 After shutting Scrubs in the laundry room while he was eating (so that Elijah doesn't plop himself into Scrubs' water bowl), I got to reading a book with Isaac and feeding Elijah a bottle and completely forgot about him. Who knows how much time went by before I remembered him. Why didn't he whine? Why didn't he scratch the door? Because. I had left the food container open. And Scrubs helped himself, after he ate his regular breakfast, to more food. And more. And probably more. Why whine when you can dine? No wonder he looked so guilty and wasn't excited to leave when I finally rescued him.

3. My sister-in-law Gabbi posed a question on a previous post. What would you prefer. Would you prefer it to be December and 90 degrees? Or would you prefer for it to be December and -1 degrees. In other words, would you rather be freezing or sweating? This is a difficult question for me to answer. So, I am posing it to all of you. What would you prefer?

17 comments:

Judy Woodford said...

I can't believe I am actually saying this but between those two choices... -1, ugh.

Anonymous said...

-1 but only for Christmas week:)
personally, I wouldn't mind somewhere in the middle.
mom k

ErieContrary said...

December and -1 FOR SURE! But come January, February, March, etc....90 degrees FOR SURE!

Jennifer said...

I think the -1 just because December should be cold, not hot. And I do hate the cold when I have to go out in it, but love it if I can stay in my PJs all day inside my warm house!

Anonymous said...

freezing, because you can always thaw out later. hehe

sam

Amanda said...

Freezing, I hate the hot

Debbie said...

Because it's December, the -1. It just wouldn't seem like winter or Christmas without it being a little chilly. I need the change of seasons!

Joia said...

I'd rather be freezing! You can always bundle up and put More clothes on, but there is only so much you can take Off! =0)

Lady Di said...

I thought maybe Scrubby was enjoying the peace and quiet in his little area.
I have to say that I need the 90 degree weather. You can always turn the a/c up to make it colder but once I get cold.....
I HATE the dry heat when you have to heat the house and bundling up every time you need to go out and then what to do w/ all the clothes when you go into the store and try to shop? nope....Florida is good.50-60 degrees would be perfect!!!

Brittny said...

I'm thinking freezing. I've had too many warm Christmases. I like to think that I would have a nice stockpile of food stored away so I wouldn't have to leave the house and a nice warm fireplace going. Ahhhhhhhhh........

Anonymous said...

It's hot......really hot today. I think we've been breaking records all week. All that to say, that I hate the freezing cold. Ice scrapers, sliding into snow drifts with the car, not warming up until you've arrived at your destination.....we have the promise of cooler weather just around the corner, but up north.....it's going to be cold until....ah....June!!!!
Give me the heat in December any day!!
Joan

Shelly said...

I guess out of the two choices I would pick -1 for Christmas. The perfect temp for me for Christmas is 40 degrees. Not too cold and Not too warm.

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

I think you have to factor in the humidity.. that would be decision for me. 90 with no humidity!

Writern said...

-1. For sure. No doubt! Frankly, I don't EVER like to see 90's!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

So the final tally was 11 to 3 in favor of cold weather. At least as of right now.

I have to be honest, and this is so painful for me, but I think I would take negative 1. Ugh!

But what if we changed it to -20 or -30 with NO snow ... would that make a difference?

Jess said...

-1, for the most part. You can always put on clothes, you can only take off so much!!

Gabbs said...

Wow, so many people agree with me. :)