Tuesday, August 05, 2008

No pictures this time

Sorry that this post will be pictureless. You'll have to survive without any photos. But here's a recap of what is going on in our lives. This will be a fairly boring, present-the-points-of-my-life post so feel free to skip today altogether if you only like pictures.

JB had to return to work on Monday so we all hung out together around our house during the day. John got home at a pretty decent time which was nice!

I also took my first "Moms in Motion" class at the HAWK -- the base's work-out facility. This class is fantastic, and I am so excited for the opportunity to participate in this. Yesterday's class only had two women in it. We did toning, cardio, and then some weights. It was awesome! I hope to be able to do this class throughout my entire pregnancy.

JB made beef bolognese for dinner last night with brussel sprouts and bread. His family, who had thought that they didn't like brussel sprouts, are now fans! Good job JB. After dinner, we all headed up to the water park so the kids could play for awhile. Everyone drove, but JB, Scrubs, Isaac, and I decided to walk and get some exercise. It must have been a little much for Scrubs who promptly threw up upon our return. Lovely.

Monday morning Mom and Dad found out that they couldn't stay at the hotels on base on Monday evening. This happens occasionally as the rooms are reserved for active duty personnel first. They were only allowed to book the room for three days and were then told that there was "no more room at the inn" for Monday evening.

So we rearranged living quarters at the Kit. home. Mom and Dad took our room. Ray, Gabbi, and kids took the living room. Isaac got his own room, and JB, Scrubs and I, took the guest room. JB slept on the futon, and I decided to put a mattress on the floor since we aren't really capable of successfully sleeping in a full bed together. Sometimes a king is too small for us.

I made Scrubs a palate on the floor, but he decided that my little matress on the ground looked much more inviting and for the first time, EVER, Scrubs slept in my bed with me! I have to admit he was a good dog. At one point I decided to swap where my head and feet were because he was hogging too much of my head room. But other than that, he did a great job. It was nice to have a calm Scrubs to hang out with.

Today has included JB back at work. I just got word that despite being almost done with work, he may have to stay at the hospital until 6:00 due to some "exercise" they are doing. I have no idea what this means, but it sounds absolutely ludicrous to me. Sometimes Air Force stuff really ticks me off. Here you have docs who spend nearly every waking hour at the hospital. And for an "exercise" let's make them stay at the hospital even when they don't have anything left to do. (Sorry, I'm feeling a bit grumpy about this idea!)

This morning I took an OB orientation class at the hospital. It is required of all pregnant moms. While I was gone, Dad, Ray, and the kids went to the Air Force museum right off base.

I took the fam to Boathouse Landing for lunch and have been doing some work as I am a bit behind. I have not been feeling so good lately. I am dealing with some pretty intense hearburn and GI upset -- most likely related to pregnancy. I'm dealing with it okay, but it sure isn't that fun.

Okay, that's enough boredom. Hopefully I can get more photos for you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendi! I went to Moms in Motion at the HAWC. Susie is great! I loved it most days and it made me get up and work out. She wants us to come back after the babies too, but Addison and I normally nap about that time! (Gotta have priorities!!) -Kristin, Your Backdoor Neighbor