Thursday, August 28, 2008

Count down to departure: 1 day

Well I am very busy getting ready to leave for Fort Lauderdale for three weeks -- even more busy because JB has a full day of clinic this week which will keep him gone for a very full day. We are leaving tomorrow morning bright and early and are excited to see all of our family.

While getting ready to leave, we are watching Gustav very closely. Right now they are saying it could hit anywhere from the panhandle of Florida (us) to Texas. The problem is that it will probably hit the gulf coast, somewhere, early next week, while we are in Fort Lauderdale. This has made preparing to leave for the trip a bit more complex. We won't have the opportunity, if evacuated, to pack up our car and head north. So we have to do a little preventative work before we live. We just want to put some pictures and other important documents in plastic. We plan to set them on our 450 pounds dining room table since goodness knows that isn't going to float anywhere! The houses on base are very solid so our chief concern is flooding as we live right by the bay. So we'll try to do a few extra things before we leave.

In addition, we are waiting to hear from our lawyer this morning. He meets with the judge early this morning to ask him if he will let us have the hearing next week and not enforce the 30-day requirement. If you think of it, please pray for the judge to have a soft heart for us and allow the hearing to be held a bit earlier than normally done. If not, as I said, we'll return to Ft. Lauderdale in October. But we would love to save ourselves an extra trip.

Lastly, before I sign off, I have, after four years, changed the look of my blog. I hope you all like it. I said I would never do this, but I finally gave in to some polka dots!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

the new look is very cool, Wendi! Scroll down to a picture of Scrubs & it matches!! LOL
Praying that your hearing can be done next week, and that Gustav by-passes you completely!!
Take care!
Cheryl (from Ontario)

Tara said...

I love the new look! :)
I hope Gustav misses you....and that you'll be able to avoid another long trip in October.

Sam said...

oooh, I love the new look!! Have a great trip, you'll be in my prayers.

Rabens Family said...

I love the new look! We will miss you while you are gone. Enjoy the time with your family though. You know I would do the same if Clay was on nights. Isaac and Scrubs better not forget us since you will be away so long. I can't wait to see how much he changes in a three week period and how much your baby bump grows:).

Erica said...

Have fun with your family!! I LOVE your new blog look! I need to hire you to makeover my blog! Have a safe trip!

Wegner Family said...

I love your new background! I have been wanting something new on mine, where did you get it?

Wegner Family said...

I love your new background! I have been wanting something new on mine, where did you get it?

Kendra said...

I love the polka dots and the pink!!! ;) Be safe on your trip... I am doing the same thing trying to prepare because I am flying out tomorrow.
See you guys when you return!

Anonymous said...

I logged on and was SHOCKED by the new blog design! :) I like it, but I was so used to seeing the same thing for the past year that it caught me by surprise. :) Pink...are you trying to tell me you're having a girl? :)

crazystegmamaof4 said...

I love the new blog design...I need to revamp my boring one! I too thought maybe you were trying to tell us something "it's a girl?" by the pink/girly tone :) Praying for you as you travel south!

Anonymous said...

My heart skipped a beat when I opened your blog! I thought this was your way of saying you're having a girl! In fact, maybe this IS your way of saying it, but not saying it...
Either way, I think it is totally chic ;-)

cassi said...

I like the new look- very cute!