Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pics galore!!!

What a great time we are having with our fam in Illinois! For those of you who don't know, both my parents were raised here so all my extended family lives in the Illinois/Indiana area. My Dad's younger brother Bob and his wife Mary have three boys: Jason, Josh, and Justin. I am very close with these three guys, mainly because Josh and his wife Sarah lived across the street from us in Kentucky for two years. Jason is married to Kathleen and they have two kids: Cullen and Emmie. Josh is married to Sarah and they have two boys: Tyler and Jordan. Josh and Sarah live in the Tennessee area now but made the trip up here for my shower! How awesome is that?

I am staying with Jason and Kathleen's until Monday night, when I will spend some time with my Uncle Ed and Aunt Janet.

Here's some pics to share:


Sign waiting for us at Jason & Kathleen's


Isaac hanging with his big 2nd cousin Cullen

Saturday afternoon was the shower at my Aunt Linda's. Here's my Dad's brother, Bob with his grandson Jordan


Four generations :) My Grama (with a picture of my Dad!)


A spider that was identified by a quick phone call to JB: garden orb!

My Mom's Aunt Karen napping with Isaac


Cullen & Tyler

A bunch of Isaac's 2nd cousins on the swing set in my Uncle Bob & Aunt Linda's backyard. What a gorgeous home they have and how wonderful of them to open it up to us for my shower.


The "other" Uncle Bob (Linda's husband) with a napping Isaac


Two of my very dearest friends (and family) are Kathleen (left) and Sarah (right). These girls are awesome and along with Linda, threw the shower for me.

This is my Aunt Mary (left) with a niece from her side of the family, Janet. Janet I have become good friends after getting to know each other better at Jason & Kathleen's wedding. And, through the wonders of technology, have stayed in touch! She is such a sweet lady! I also got to meet her husband John at the shower.

Here I am with Sarah again. The lady on the right is Ronda. She is married to the eldest of the 16 Huisman grandchildren: Matt. They have three kids.


Josh and Jason with Janet's husband John (that's a lot of J's!)


Here I am with my other Grama who made the trip in from Michigan to celebrate with us. Isaac loved here and just laid here talking before falling sleep. This Grama is my mom's mom.


Jordan -- what a cutie!!

Isaac and I at my favorite place: the dessert table


The dessert table up close.


Out of 16 grandchildren that my Grama Gert (and late Grampa Mike) have, only 3 are girls. Me, Madeline, and Katie, pictured here. I have another picture to post later of Madeline, Katie and me. But I want to wait until I get home so I can put it up with a picture of Madeline and Katie from my wedding. Man they have grown up. What great girls they are.


Some of the shower ladies. From left: Grama, Aunt Dorothy (married to Dad's brother John), Aunt Sue (married to Dad's brother Jeff), Mary (married to Dad's brother Bob), Ronda, Jackie (married to my cousin Jeremy), and Katie.

After church on Sunday, it was time for Tyler's 5th birthday party. Yikes! Five years old. I still remember when Josh & Sarah told us they were pregnant back when we all lived across the street from each other in Kentucky. Here he is with his cousin Cullen.


It was an Indiana Jones party!

Emmie! What a doll!!

Emmie with her Daddy, Jason

Jordan trying to get a nap

6 comments:

TAV said...

Love the pics! HATE the spider! Love the rescue black shirt and all the munchkins! Looks like an awesome shower (for Isaac and your lima bean!) and family reunion :)

AW said...

Having such a nice time looking at pictures until that terrible arachnid. Bleh.

*shiver*

Other than that, what a beautiful family you have!

Anonymous said...

Wow Wen, you have a HUMUNGO family (that's Nicole-speak for "big")! You must have been a really good niece, cousin, auntie, granddaughter growing up...looks like there was enough love going around to cuddle a small country!

you lucky, lucky gal ;-)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Tyler and Cullen have gotten. How about you getting in the car and driving over to Roch? Bring Josh and Sara with you!!

Anonymous said...

We need to see your hostess Linda :)

Anonymous said...

We need to see your hostess Linda :)